Oklahoma - Huber Unistat915 Condenser Replacement

Hey guys-

I bought a Unistat915W used- after paying Huber to visit, we discovered the condenser was shot. The new condenser took a little over a month to arrive in the US from good ol’ Germany, which means the tech I paid had to leave before it arrived.

The cost to bring a Huber technician back out for this install, with the risk of more part delays once it is installed, is a financial risk this Oklahoma market won’t currently afford me.

That being said- if anyone knows anyone locally who is experienced to replace the condenser, or knows a good trade to hit up (waiting for my HVAC guy to check it out) that might do this regularly?

Thanks,

Posting to see others responses of who to call in OK.
Im also in OK, the only local people I have found are “cannapumps” 3512893160.
that being said I dont really recommend them.

I sent my pump in for repair and they didnt have the parts. So they called and I told them to approve the order and get the parts. 2 weeks later they call me and tell me that they just got around to disassembling my pump and it needs more parts than what they originally told me. Waited another 2 weeks for parts and a week to get it back. 6 weeks for a seal replacement on a local repair upset me.

The next time I called I had an error with my huber cc308, they showed up to look at the unit and took the manual and held onto it for a couple of weeks before I could get ahold of them again. When I finally did they told me it was a “fluke error” and that nothing needed to be done. I wish I didnt have to wait 2 weeks to be told that and I wished they would have called me with their findings so i didnt have to follow up. I had to request they return my manual.

That being said, they were right about the huber, and they fixed my pump. I imagine they have insurance if they manage to break your 815 you should have some recourse to get your money back.
They can probably help, but imo my experiences have all felt rather unprofessional.

Honestly, reviews like that are super important in our business.

That being said if you have switch pumps, Corken is OKC based and they’re a really awesome bunch of guys. They came to visit my facility to see their pump in action and showed us some cool stuff.

Talking to the guy who did my preventative maintenance on my other Hubers I was told it’s a pretty easy swap, I forgot the tool you need- something below a welding torch but above a soldering gun. There has got to be a pro chiller repair person somewhere.

3 Likes

These aren’t hard to fix, but you need someone specialized in HVAC chiller repairs.

You are looking to braise the condenser inlet and outlets, then resolder the condenser back on.
Then wrap it with EPDM foam insulation again and you’re good.
Super quick fix.

Wish I could help more. Would cost me at least $5k to get out there to repair all costs associated.

1 Like

Hit these guys up.
This work is not cheap, you’re looking at $2k for anyone to fix this.

2 Likes

Don’t mention cannabis FYI lol

2 Likes

@Boomtownpharms you happen to know anyone?

Let them know it’s a process chiller package unit, cascade 2 stage system.

Ty for the help gents. Got a quote got $1300 with the coolant! That’s not bad at all.

3 Likes

Where/who from? I’m looking in okc to get a cold trap repaired

I reached out to these guys https://www.jmsokc.com and have been waiting to hear if they can service it

2 Likes

I called JacksonChiller

2 Likes