Oil goes cloudy after second path

Hi everyone!
I have a problem. Make a short path distil. everything goes standart. Oil goes good and beautiful. But when it chilled to room temperature it goes cloudy. I’am not understand what is it, and how I can fix it? Anybody have ideas? Thanks in advance!

warm –

room temperature –

#thc #oil #cloudy #QA

1 Like

Does it go back when ya reheat it?

3 Likes

@Defender Yes, like a honey. When warm it’s gold and crystal, when chill it’s cloudy

1 Like

I know honey crystalizes because the water is over saturated with sugar. Any chance the material you ran ever nucleated?

1 Like

@Sunslabs It’s may be everything. Crude was bad, but I couldn’t really know about process

1 Like

Have you gotten this tested? Seems like some CBD disty. Did you buy the oil from someone?

4 Likes

@steelrollin I’am not tested it. Some guy have a problem with that crude and he give it to me for short path. He doesn’t know how that crude was produce.

1 Like

Was it winterized?

2 Likes

No, I winterized it

Moisture

1 Like

@Sunslabs how I can remove it?

Surface area and low humidity. I really have no clue of how to do that without a mess. Maybe a $rotovap$ if you can.

(Im just guessing at moisture after reading other threads with similar issues)

Did you use any n heptane when winterizing ? Heard that hangs onto fats. Could be one of the many factors?

2 Likes

The problem is wax, you need to winterize very thoroughly before distillation.Describe to me your winterizing process.

7 Likes

@Sunslabs yes, I used a heptane, but I’am also use it before)

1 Like

@Soxhlet I diluted with heptane, put to the heating steering machine warm up to 75C, put activated carbon and steering 10–15 min. Funnel, with 6um filter, put a silica on the top and filtering through.
Now I’am trying to put it in a freezer (diluted with ethanol) to remove waxes, may be that will works.

Don’t use heptane for winterization, it holds fats to much. I’m almost 99% on this

The ethanol winterization should take care that.

3 Likes

@StoneD Thank you! Will try ethanol

1 Like

Get a small part, mix it with ethanol and put on a freezer (–70C), after filtering. And here was some waxes without smell or color –

looks like cbd