% of CBG in normal (THC) distillate?

I pretty regularly have an ~8-10% difference between THC and Total Cannabinoids in my 1st pass distillate. I was thinking about that the other day and looking back at all my test results and pretty regularly see 3-5% CBG in my distillate profile. Is this generally considered a normal amount of CBG in normal THC distillate? I know it depends on the plant and unfortunately I do not have potency results for all of the biomass that was extracted.

Going through some past data at random we have, picking the first few on the COA lists. Minors are:

1. 3.23% CBG;2.11% CBN;0.8%THCV
  2. 5.29%CBD;4.28%CBG;1.23%CBN
    3.2.61%CBG;0.85%CBN;0.2%THCV
    4.2.0%CBC;1.9%CBG;1.49%CBD;1.18%THCV

edit: looks like CBG is commonly found in our past THC distillates. Idk everyone else I guess lol.

1 Like

Cool, thank you! Appreciate it!

1 Like

Yes it’s normal. From what I’ve seen there will be 1-2% more CBG in distillate made from alcohol extract compared to hydrocarbon extract.

It also seems to be a bit heavier than THC. Second pass tar (material left in the flask after a complete second pass distillation) has tested up to 11% CBG in some samples we’ve tested.

4 Likes

I’ve considered 1-2% normal. I’ve seen it much higher, usually from plants that were harvested earlier than intended. And in older distillate that had time to settle as @AlexSiegel has suggested and I’ve seen difference from bottom to top of jar - so homogenize more to have less variability in your samples.

1 Like

Interesting, good info! Thanks!

I typically see 2-5% CBG in my distillate batches.