Numbers game: is your WFE a goer?

Someone talk about your roots science unit/ VTA I’ve never run one.

@Brazilianchemist talk about your prescott unit too. That thing has some nifty advantages I’ve never seen on other units.

First wiper I ever ran was a 6 inch steel VTA

Loved that machine

The gear pumps are beast, never leaked even when ran dry

4 Likes

I’ve used a glass VTA system, made some real potent disty and was relatively easy to run. Chasing down vacuum leaks on that thing was a job in and of itself though…

1 Like

Damn what makes the pope so much faster?

Abuse tolerance.

The wiper setup too I believe

2 Likes

What would it do in terms of throughput?

yeah… does she, you know, go?

7 Likes

I’ll be honest I haven’t run that machine in well over a year and don’t fully remember. If I had to guess, I’d say 2L/hr-ish?

2 Likes

Just getting to know this girl. Custom built 6” SS wiper. She’s a goer for sure but I’m still getting acquainted with her, trying to find out how far she “goes”, maximum capabilities have not been reached but I just met her, haven’t gotten freaky with her yet. Want to say she dumps 2.5-4.5L/hr output depending on feed rate. Was hitting 2.5-3L/hr today on my 2nd pass. (Slightly slower feed)

5 Likes

That is GORGEOUS @yanwoo, care to share more info and specs? It’s a sweet leaf?

2 Likes

Yes it’s a SweetLeaf. Waiting on a specs sheet myself, which I will throw up here. The engineer I work for designed her, basically a 6” delta replica with larger pathways to cold trap and turbo, wipers instead of rollers and a couple other differences/similarities.

Like I said I’m just getting acquainted with these machines. (3 weeks, with ~1 year previous experience running a 6” glass Chinese wiper) what a difference.

I will post more info and specs as I get more familiar with her.

5 Likes

Like the sweet leaf that makes extractors @yanwoo? You gotta link? How much was she?

1 Like

Beautiful machine for sure! I’m jealous!!!
Edit: How come you went with a wiper in lieu of a roller? I’ve always thought that the rollers provide a better thin film than the wiper choice.?

3 Likes

Not the same company, I wasn’t even aware there was a company making extractors called sweet leaf. Doubt the boss did either. They make centrifuges or hydrocarbon systems?

Why wiper instead of roller? I thought roller is better

2 Likes

You mean sweet leaks?

5 Likes

@Capttripppp @FamilyFarms
Personal preference of the owner. Likes the residency time/film layer of the wipers more than the rollers.

@The_Lone_Stiller No link. It was 190k

2 Likes

There domain is for sale, tried to buy it for a $100 and they countered 4750

3 Likes

Im probably gonna grab one of these

If I got the 6 inch yh chem up to 8 an hour I should be able to hit the same with this 6 inch, hopefully the pumps don’t leak

I like the design better as the pumps are completely jacketed

60k for that 6 inch isn’t bad

The bigger one is like 120k

3 Likes

Who makes those @Kingofthekush420? They purdy