Npk, looking for information on the cultivation of hemp for flowers in the fields

Hello
I am asking for information on the cultivation of hemp for flowers in the fields.
What kind of NPK do you recommend and in what form? How and when to fertilize?
I have already calcified the field and I know that phosphorus and potassium react negatively with lime, so how to fertilize them now?
Regards

You can’t guess at this, it’s your livelihood. Get a soil test that tells you what and how much to apply.

3 Likes

Is the soil test before you added the lime? The ph is low in the test, but the lime would have raised it.

The npk required for any plant goes down as the organic matter in the soil goes up. So unlike hydroponics, the question of what is correct in soil is more complex. Farmers were using manures and compost as fertilizer for all of human history, until chemical fertilizers came out in the 1930s. The fixation on npk originates with chemical companies and their sales pitch.

You would do best to find local farmers to provide you with manures, let them compost, and work into your soil.

4 Likes

Lime sprinkled after the test

Apply some humic so the calcium doesn’t bind up the phosphorus and potassium.

1 Like

I really hope not. I’ve been adding dolomite lime (1 cup) to every bag of ffof for almost 8yrs now. I’ve never seen any issues.

Edited
DL is supposed to act as a ph buffer. So I was told. I can be a little off on my ph and not have any lockouts.

2 Likes

@franklin I’m a bit biased, but application of a humate will absolutely unlock nutrients and temper excesses regardless of soil pH.

Lime is alkaline, but calcium content is extremely important to be available at all pH levels. It is the metabolism fuel for the cell.