Novel cannabinoid market demand

What type of market or demand is there for pharmaceutical API purity novel cannabinoids? Been wanting to start producing CBDV, THCV, CBGV and other novel cannabinoids as either an isolate or distillate. Just don’t want to invest into a novel business if there really isn’t a market for the lesser known cannabinoids.

1 Like

I would pay good money for THCV distillate

Hard to say if there is a demand for non psychoactive cannabinoids. It all depends what they treat. This early on I do think there’s enough cannabis nerds that will try any cannabinoid isolate once.

2 Likes

Huge interest in THCv and CBDv. The varins all tend to work wonders on tremor disorders…epilepsy, restless leg etc…Also showing promise to curb appetite as well as helping people quitting smoking.

I think on this forum alone, the demand would be great. As for the masses, its probably going to be a while, I would think.
People are still becoming educated on CBD, let alone these minors… And to us, CBD is old old news. People are baaarely becoming hip to CBG now. I think as research becomes more available on these cannabinoids, a market will develop. But who knows how long that will take.

1 Like

THCV was of great medicinal interest for many years, mainly as an appetite suppressant and treatment for nervous system disorders. Its probably one of the novel cannabinoids that would have great potential in the market alongside CBN. Theres other threads on here that discuss the market potential of different cannabinoids, but they’re highly speculative IMO.

The overall cannabis industry is highly dominated by the demand for psychotropics (no pun intended), and I’ve had first hand experience with trying to push companies on D8/CBN/THCV/etc.

Many hold the position that there is no market for these compounds currently, regardless of the fact that there is plenty of demand on this forum, this forum is still a small portion of the overall cannabis consumers of the world. I dont disagree that there is not a strong market currently, but there could be with increased education and awareness. The forefront of the minor/novel cannabinoids will require producers willing to gamble on them, but would pay off if they can create a stable market.

TLDR: the market is currently small, but could be profitable with time and growth

1 Like

I would purchase the THCv in bulk right now. Please reach out if you are able to meet the needs.

1 Like

Have D8-THCV isolate. New batch should be available this week or the next if the producer follows through.

Also have some high varin distillate with D9-THCV in it at about 6% or so I am still looking to get extracted further.

2 Likes

Cbn-d if psychoactive is a winner

3 Likes

Spoke with someone about CBN-D last night. They are saying it is. Much of the research on it is out of EU, but very hard to search online for. Anyone that has anything on it should post here so we can read up.

2 Likes

Probably 2 different schools of thought here. You have the IG kids wanting trash carts with a ‘name brand’ for cheap. Then you have the ‘those that know, know’ crowd here. With the novel market, you’d be appealing to the latter which in my humble opinion isn’t the masses. Just like flower, you have the skids wanting to pay $10 for a g and those willing to pay for quality. Sadly they are mutually exclusive

Tread holy grail cbn-d

1 Like

Dm price please!

1 Like

I am interested! Need COA and pricing please.