Not sure what happened here?

That’s almost certainly Cbd That rapidly fell out of solution when you mixed it with water. If it is CBD it will dissolve again if you add more heptane and heat it up a bit.

6 Likes

What did you try to accomplish by this?

Delta9

1 Like

I don’t think that’s going to work. Also, CBD isolate doesn’t need to be “winterized”.

3 Likes

this needed to be winterized it was full of lipids.

Anyways, who told you sodium hydroxide would make D9 from CBD?

no one did. Just trying things… So on to the next catalyst.

1 Like

it could be salts, the product of and acid and base is a salt.

could be trapped in a bunch of louched cannabinoids/waxes

3 Likes

You just wasted that CBD i’m afraid.

try doing your r&d in small batches of 1gr or so, it saves time, chemicals, and money.

6 Likes

So i crushed and added some heat and heptane. Its back to distillate. How did I waste the isolate?

possibly, do you have a way to have it tested? If not probably should toss it, you wouldn’t want to harm anybody.

3 Likes

Yes, i do have a way to get testing done. Thats where its heading next. Thanks for the help. I just never seen this happen before.

1 Like

let us know what the tests come back like.

Here is another pic I just did the same thing as before with the regular water and it didn’t do it.

2 Likes

Wait…so it did that when the water was mixed with sodium hydroxide? And now, resuspended in heptane this is what it does with plain distilled?

My guess is that your heptane solution was extremely super saturated and that removal of salts into the aqueous phase allowed for near instant crystallization

5 Likes

I first washed with citric acid to neutralize and then i just did a plain water wash and then this happened.

It looks like CBD hydroxy quinone

2 Likes

Is that something that can be tested for at any lab?

@kcalabs probably offers that service