No dry ice

I chill the tane and then run it through a chiller coil so cold rthat the dry ice doesnt boil. if thats warm then ok. I said Im gonna do a warm run in the future. And removing lipids and color from gummy bears makes no sense. should I crc gummy bears too? And what color? cool tane doesnt make dark oil from good input.

anyone ever try using a -10 to -50 degree freezer to cool denatured ethanol and use that in ur jackets instead of dry ice ? Really sucks driving an hour and 30 mins every time I want to do a run , and then rushing to do as many runs as I can before the ice melts . Also has anyone tried turning a normal freezer into a flammable material freezer ? Seems like a inner air tight box placed inside the freezer ( a couple inches shorter in width than that actual freezer capacity) should do the trick no ? The tricky part would be making the hole for ur stainless braided line to go threw so u can keep your solvent tank/ material column or recovery tank in it. Feel like I can get away with using flammable material freezer instead of explosion proof seeing how the difference is wether or not the out side of the freezer is ignition proof . Since I’m running outdoors I feel like this shouldn’t be an issue .

You should still take all the same safety precautions as someone running in a c1d1…(when possible)

Stop bitching and deal with drive for dry ice, drop the money on a chiller, or set up your system for Ln2 or (lco2)…

Stop being a total hack.

1 Like

Dude like 90 percent of ur comments is you talking shit to someone or about someone or something … you seem healthy

Dude. Reread your entire last post…

Btw, just have you 3 good options to avoid using dry ice…(but you took it like a bitch and got offended)

Have a good one!

I dont get the relevance? I wasn’t talking about pumping the ethanol, and I want to get way colder than 33 degrees . Want my solvent to be at least -5 to -10 . Ideally -20 to -40 . And i want it to keep basically keep that temp for about 5 -15 minutes , the longer the better .

@44northorganicfarms here ya go…

Again…

Use that to pump ethanol or methanol through a jacket.

Bro get a girl friend or something

I have a open jacket like the dry ice type on my material , and my tanks are just in buckets . But I appreciate the tip :pray:

You can continue to act emotional and bitchlike or you can actually read and digest my comment.

Lol

If it’s open at the top like this download (8)

Then that’s a sleeved column not a jacketed column . The people who use these usually pour a slurry down it to flash freeze the column

Jacketed columns are closed and have an input and output to re circulate chiller fluids or cryo fluids.

3 Likes

Sorry u are correct it’s sleeved, I always fuck that up . But I do the dry ice ethanol method currently. Was just trying to get away from the dry ice . I use a 1 lb closed loop so driving an hour 30 min to make a oz or two of shatter is hardly worth it . Would be nice to be able to do a run when ever I want with out needed to wait for the store to open , drive to the store , and then rush to do as many runs as possible before my ice melts

1 Like

See my previous comment(s)…

Or go active and just rock regular ice. (But this wouldnt solve your problem with chilling solvent for injection)

My issue is I want to run with cold butane still . Shooting for at least -5

1 Like

Look into setting up a system for lco2 or ln2. Thats my 2cents.

Enjoy your night!

1 Like

I do that with denatured or antifreeze. Im not a scientist, but I think alot of energy is stored in the phase change of ice. Regular ice gies me alot more cold energy than a similar volume of much colder alcohol or glycol. Those warm up fast while straight ice gets as cold and lasts longer. When you use salt it gets cold, is cheap, and like I said, a couple bags ice cool more than 2 gals denatured.

2 Likes