Nj rec real estate

Out driving around and came across a primo piece of property for a dispensary. If ypure looking the nj rec market lmk.

1 Like

What NJ rec market…

2 Likes

Well there’s a statewide vote on it in the upcoming elec tion

Sounds like some pretty risky speculation.

I know a few dudes that lost their ass on properties that weren’t even able to be licensed after all the rules were written after a legalization vote.

Wait till they wrote the rules. Wait to see if your city amd county even allows it after the state passes it.

9 Likes

Be conservative - is it at least 1000ft from any child care center, school, parochial school etc? And agreed, talk to the municipality first. I’d imagine NJ local govts will be difficult to deal with for REC zoning

5 Likes

I’m actually very leery of what nj will do if there is legalization here.

It’s bs we have to vote yes, then blindly trust the govt to do things that aren’t shady.

I have a strong feeling that legalization here isn’t going to be all that great.

Edit: I would not ve surprised if we have a framework here that’s similar to what was voted down in Ohio a couple of years ago. Legalization, but only a few license holder can grow and it will be impossible to get in the action unless you know someone.

4 Likes

Out of curiosity, what county were you in?

Look at IL: I’d assume NJ and NY+PA by extension will have similar frameworks. Medical licensees will likely be grandfathered in with little/no limit on cultivation+processing size, and there will be a limited number of REC-specific licenses with small production sqft limits issued.

If passed, MED licensees will be able to transition & operate around the new year and it’ll take new entrants at least a year to get licensed+operational.

2 Likes

Snj. Way south.

1 Like

Cape May?

Off 47 north of cape may courthouse

1 Like

Yeah, I hope so, it’s just weird they are doing it this way.

It seems shady, but I’m also not optimistic about things, so that’s gonna color my thinking.

2 Likes

It will be a monopoly for a select few of Murphys friends

4 Likes

That’s my fear too

2 Likes

No doubt about it. $75 1/8s of mids coming soon.
Everyone I know with a pa med card still uses bm because of price&quality. If they don’t allow home grows, they can shove it and I highly doubt they would ever let that happen.

4 Likes

I can’t imagine they will allow home grows at all, no way to get income off of that.

Legalization will essentially change nothing for me.

I give it a 50/50 chance to even pass really. Coming from Colorado, it’s crazy the difference in attitudes here.

:thinking: can you go further as to explain said “friends”

I got PA pull if anyone wants to do something… Would love to tap into another market…

1 Like

I’m talking with some PA Republicans; making more ground than I anticipated. Still not too optimistic, but there’s a chance we get a decent bill.

2 Likes

Lobbyists help

1 Like

Shhhhhh quit it.

1 Like