Nitrogen assist dangers?

Yeah the hamlet me downs leakā€¦ 2 runs and out comes the wrench

damn thing thawed and still works lol

1 Like

My dude you have huge mistakes i see in your pictures. The PRV should be facing in a vertical postion. Its not an efficent spot . Im betting a part of your gauge failure is due to that Tee connector. You need to have the gauge and Prv on seperate NPT ports. TBH the way your prv is set up just take it off. Your system overpressurizes than your risking it spilling into your ambient air. just use a seperate hose and recconect where the vacuum pump is at and run it out sideā€¦ slowly crack the valve.

1 Like

The liquid filled gauges are good for hydraulic systems and such, the fluid provides damping for vibration.

Hamlet is a good valve brand, all valves need the packingā€™s tightened including swagelok brand valves. Cold temps shrink materials and cause leaks there is no exception to this.

3 Likes

Hamlet no longer has a packing nut and are unservicable and are made in china now :sob:
Check out this thread.

Start at post #49 for the info i speak of

2 Likes

That depends on the hamlet valve model you speak of, we use hamlets on our products. ā€¦alot of them. All of our intrigal bonnet style needle valves have a packing nut you can adjust.

H300U NEEDLE VALVE ORDERING CATALOG INFO.pdf (708.9 KB)

Hamlet has 14 branches and 4 subsidiarys around the globe, I wouldnā€™t be surprised to see that some of the inventory comes from china.

2 Likes

Ill have to fix that asap! And yes thats what im talking about. No more packing nut. Putting together a larger system all swagelok right now.

If you havenā€™t ordered yet check out hy lok. There company is based out of canada. Itā€™s swagelock main competitor. They are cheaper also. I personally havenā€™t used them but after reading other forums itā€™s the only company I would go with other than swag

3 Likes

Thank you I will do that for my system. The one im putting together already has them. It was brought over with mkst of everything. We are supposed to put it together and sed what it needs and go from there

Dude at hfs guided me away from the oil gauge for coil for that reason. I had aleady got oil based gauge for solvent tank though. It froze and its working fine as of right now thankfully.

besides getting serviceable valves, your other criteria should be lubricant free valves.
Almost all valves in the industry contain some sort of lubricant.

2 Likes

I didnt know that. So far ive only got the blue valves and ham-let. The system that was brought to me has all swaglok. My main issue right now is i have jars of diamonds in oven and cant purge this badder ive been whipping for 4 days

Well,
At any rate check the model number on the website, and verify that it meets your specs.

you can move the jar of sauce out of the oven and purge that whip, no problemo.
then toss the jar back in the oven when your done, it wonā€™t hurt anything.

whats your valves model # ?

For which system? The hamlet or swaglok

lets do both, I will shoot you the specs.

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Here is the sheet for the first one, you might have to give them a call, they did not list the lubricant in the valve. Also that valve is rated to -20 it it leaked that is why.
https://www.midwest-control.com/myfile.aspx?doc=SSMF-NL+2-2019.pdf|1

1 Like