Newcomer, just saying hi ....

I’m UK based.
Just bought a BHO Hardware Magnum 250 closed loop rig. Going to be running butane with dry ice. Bought myself a Sous Vide for heating/circulating the recovery water. Also bought a vacuum oven for the purge.

Think i’m cool with the exraction process, but might need some assistance when it gets to purging temps etc. Spent the last 2 days reading this forum, gleaned lots of good advice and got most of my questions (for now) answered …

So, Hi to you all and thanks for having me.

15 Likes

Yo buddy, nHEY!

3 Likes

Do you have a vacuum oven or chamber?

2 Likes

Vacuum Oven

1 Like

What type of product do you want to achieve?

3 Likes

Shatter initially …

Try putting the resin onto ptfe sheet and placing into a 100f vac oven for an hour or two before pulling vacuum. Make sure you handle it gently to avoid sugaring.

5 Likes

If u had a chamber I would tell you don’t go over 43c I usually stop at that temp then I bring down slow under vac for a while ends up looking like a candy hard af too at room temp I think the low temps initially during extract an purge is what allows it to harden like that cause when ever I purged higher I got a oily goey type just trying to help hope that was helpful :grin:

2 Likes

Oh ya if you gonna cryo that tube make sure solvent is cold to yet still warmer then the tube

1 Like

I make edibles, and currently use RSO made with isopropyl … get 10% return using trim and >15% using bud, tests at 50.4% thc.

I’ll be doing 2 passes with the same material, and aim at getting 15% return BUT i’m hoping i’ll get a higher thc content than the rso, which will mean i’ll use less to make the edibles, it’ll stretch further.

1 Like

Can you get ethanol, Isopropyl is sort of really gross bud,

1 Like

thanks for all the replies and advice, sorry for late response, but I have limited number of posts as a new member …

Ethanol is not easy to get in the uk, hoping the CLS will mean I can stop using IPA.

Hay bud, am a uk man to :+1: Doing what we can with what we got, I set my oven at 36c and as soxhlet said let it sit in there get to temp then pull vac, I usually pull 3/4 let sit, see what it dose ( muffin or not) then full vac for a night release in the morning flip and full vac for 12 then flip full vac 12 done enjoy

2 Likes

Ps just checked out bho hardware and they look the tits, I built my own from parts sourced from all over the world wish I known about them wen I started

1 Like

yeah, its quite a nice rig, i’ve only bought the entry level magnum 250, should be plenty for my needs, think i’d be too scared of blowing myself up to build my own from parts lol
Will follow the advice on temps and such

I’m UK based too lads , if ye find a good cheap source of etoh , let is know , thanks

1 Like

E bay dude. Look for beta-Farnham, 98% wheat ethanol NOT denatured, think is 17 quid

After the hr or too what temp or vac do u like to sit at??

as low as the pump goes, run the pump the entire time. I usually sit around 100*f for shatter.

1 Like

That’s For a litre mate , for washing a couple of kilo ye need about 40litres , IPA is £15 for 5 litres
So I’ll just carry in with that .