Newbie needs help with cls setup

you got a strange idea of funny honey.

@headhunterz if you’re not planning on playing with your bomb yet, WTF do you have a hose attached to your solvent tank?

That’s the LAST hose you should attach. once you’ve got your bomb holding 125PSI AIR for a couple of days, and understand how it works.

highly recommend you hire your lack of knowledge solved.

you CAN extract in that using ethanol. understanding (achieving) that would go a LONG way towards learning how to run butane in there.

almost nobody takes that advise. nor do they play with sugar before trying to make diamonds.

just understand that the consequences for getting it wrong are high, and it only takes a source of ignition to kill you or maim you for life.

in case it’s not already obvious: Don’t put extract on your stove

7 Likes

Only Funny because he lived and the aftermath was not something catastrophic we got to Joke about the lack of hair for a few weeks. Still did not make it any less serious

I say listen to cyclopath get some help I did not think to start with ethanol though safer it also can be dangerous.

1 Like

That collection pot looks small for a 1# rig.

Also looks like it’s missing the top cap for the bigger column.

Lots of videos on YouTube on how to do a run, you can also look at pictures to see how it’s properly assembled.

Imo if someone isn’t going to do the very basic research like I mentioned, they shouldn’t be touching this equipment.

1 Like

Agreed hire help before kill urself @cyclopath who’s some good consultants…not gonna say myself even though I did but I’d rather her biased instead pick me… There’s tons consultants here to help u and be safe not burn ur house down

4 Likes

Nah looks plenty big enough that’s 8-10" not 6"

Or they should hire help iff they don’t have time for research

1 Like

@headhunterz

eg: Let's see your set up!

and then one should probably read: Have u guys seen a rise in lab explosions?

then wrap your head around the concept that these things don’t even have to ignite to kill you: The Death of Horatio

6 Likes

Looks like a 6 inch to me? Either way, homie needs to do some homework.

Edit: @StoneD would be an excellent resource for you to get acquainted with you new system.

2 Likes

Hard to see but noticd how mine is narrower…it took a 6x12 to hold lb material butane worth about 6lbs tane

3 Likes

Thank you everyone for the comments. I’ve clearly stated that I won’t be blasting anything, anytime soon without training. Not sure why ya’ll keep needing to point out how I’ll blow something up or hurt my self… I get the point thank you.

@cyclopath the tanks are empty… I picked up the setup with the hose attached to it. Thanks for your concern.

I am willing to hire a mentor! DM me!

2 Likes

Definitely not a true 1# setup ,but sleeved column goes on top of 1.5" valve. Shower head cap on top. Looks like 3" portion is incomplete as i see no 3" lid. If you do get a 3" lid, grab some high pressure clamps as well.

1 Like

Because we care.

Because it’s NOT just you reading this.

For every ONE that makes an account, there may be dozens who just figure “nah, i got this”. (Notice the visit counts on those links?!?)

Because some of us have lost friends to this….

DavidB GoFundMe for funeral costs and scholarship

16 Likes

4 Likes

Confused what this post is about…

You like his wallpaper?

9 Likes

Bitchin wall paper

10 Likes

Straight outta grandma’s house.

5 Likes

Same. I just ordered a rosin press because I’m setting a standard for myself to only do it June-October.

I don’t wanna mess with cold windy days on the east coast anymore. I only wanna do cls on nice days.

I like alcohol extractions as my alt to cls in the winters/cold springs but I wanna explore rosin since I’ve been messing with dry sift.

2 Likes

All I knew was 86°f for recovery and hot chases the cold when I came here.

I’ve gotten so much better and safer!!! since I’ve joined this site.

*Not only is this an amazing site but I’ve never felt more welcomed in a community in my entire life.

Everytime I click the app it’s like I’m opening the door and saying ayyyy guys what’s up!!!*

4 Likes

For your collection is that a 6x6 collection pot or is that just a 6x6 spool? If it’s just a 6x6 spool then get either a jacketed 6x6 or a regular 6x6 collection.

side note: don’t ever get a jacketed 6x12 collection or a 6x12 collection that has no splatter platter you’ll be trapped with something you can’t get the oil out of and 6x12 jacketed spools aren’t worth the money to be able to use a splatter splatter but also be able to use external warm water recovery

You can and should just get a 6x12 spool ( 6" x 12" Sanitary, 304 Stainless Steel, Tri Clamp Spool, BHO Extractor – Emerald Gold cheap one) from here and then get a flat bottom splatter platter off of killa (ebay link 6" Stainless Steel Shatter Platter for a Closed Loop Extractor 6" x 2" Splatter | eBay )

I assume the top injection port with the showerhead is on a 1.5"tc, So, you’d want a 1.5" to 3" for your top injection port with the shower head unless you want to upgrade to 3" but honestly you’re fine with that 1.5" tc injection port with the shower head you just need a hemispherical reducer like this Tri Clamp Hemispherical Bowl Reducers | ShopHFS

If you are going non jacketed on your collection which is a lot cheaper than jacketed, then take a Sterilite bin some fittings and a drill and make it able to be filled and emptied with warm water like a jacket and have a bucket 10ft away pumping water through the makeshift “jacket” or get creative keeping the warm water warm.

my 2 cents

I got a rosin press as well and I do etho. I am getting equipment to do better runs of Eth. I may totally walk away from BHO unless I get into a refinery position with proper safety equipment.

BHO where I am in the NE is not legal, protecting the population from themselves imho. I rather use the press or ethanol though the quality is still a work in progress

rosin always comes out with a green taste or resiny like I scraped the bowl. only a few times I got it to taste good.

Bho is easy, quick, and produces good results just so dangerous

**Edit because using my phone is a bad idea to post lol

3 Likes

I love bho and I don’t think I’ll ever give it up. I got good at it to save money so I wouldn’t have to buy from dispensaries. After a while, even though I don’t make money off of what I make, it pays for itself. Like 70-80/gr at a dispo of shatter or am I gonna safely learn to make a puddle… I’m gonna safely learn to make a puddle.

I got my source for trim and I got a good system that I built. Why would I ever wanna stop making my own medicine via cls ? As long as you’re safe and use high-pressure clamps all around, I really don’t think anyone gives a fuck.

2 Likes