New Yorkers With Marijuana Convictions Will Get First Retail Licenses

From the same guy, so Yep 100% legit :+1:

2 Likes

Just call 1-800- free equity 4 felons

we have zero latino owned in IL

1 Like

How would you know and how is it relevant

I am a smartass but in Il basically NOBODY got social equity. When the licensing got given there were ZERO minorities. Actually way back on round one- almost nobody even applied with all the non refundable fees and restrictions. I do like the strategy but question if itll actually be implemented. Politics in ny is a mess.

2 Likes

I think anyone who was arrested or convicted of a felony for cannabis should have an opportunity to get a license, regardless of race or ethnicity.

They are delaying releasing the full NY regs and giving out licenses to anyone until they get a number of minority licenses they are comfortable with releasing. It’s some real racist bullshit.

2 Likes

Yes agree, but they shouldnt be able to be used for large corporations and Chad’s without convictions to get access to cheap licensing like what happened in my post with pedro idc what color he or where hes from is I’m disappointed such a blatant attempt to buy/gain a license from a convicted cannabis user was successful for him

1 Like

Are you surprised that the state of NY doesn’t actually give a shit about “social equity”? It’s all politics. NY is having a problem with getting enough qualified applicants that meet the “social equity” standard as well as all the other qualifiers. They need to bank whatever they can as fast as they can to actually get shit rolling here and still save face with the social equity BS.

As a white guy my marijuana arrests don’t count :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

No not surprising at all, just disappointing

1 Like

The only true way to do “Social Equity” is to lower the barrier to entry for everyone equally and never mention a term like “Social Equity”. OK is the most “Socially Equitable” market in the US and doesn’t mention it once. With that being said, the hemp farmer stuff in NY is awesome to see.

Most Social Equity programs are specifically made to shut out the competition, like IL where Cultivation Center licensees get 200k+ sqft of canopy while Social Equity groups get… 5k! Or CT where their Social Equity Cultivation license literally costs $3M. I think this technique will be used in other industries to raise barriers to entry and consolidate.

5 Likes

Cool, let me know when I get restitution of $10,000 and 2 years of my life back, until then I’m not accepting their "forgiveness"of my horrible transgression of having a gram on me.

1 Like

I had probation for 1.5 years and the lady was the BIGGEST bitch. She would yell and scream at me the whole time. I had a friend driving and he always got a laugh out of her chewing me out for only working 5 hours a day in UPS trucks in the summer heat. she would prefer me mopping a floor 8 hours a day for less pay.

damn that sucks, at least my probation lady was super chill, she was actually pretty friendly and never even bothered having me piss test except for the first montb. i think I made it pretty obvious though that I was on the up and up unlike most of the crackheads who were on probation for the 6th time. still a shitty process tho.

I was a kid so fucked it up. my first probation officer was my neighbors bro and was cool buti missed a day and they assigned a bitch. that nieghbor was growing weed in the basement in the apt and it got busted. he had those giant parabolic hoods. I dont think he got in trouble but i know it was him. One day she said to piss. I said no its not on the judges order. She had me wait a min and then pulled me up to a judge who ordered it. So I left thinking nothing and then she was all pissy that i was supposed to have pissed that day? before cell phones.
I just remember why i messed the probation up. I had seen probation guy and he said pay before our next meeting. I was gonna but had a warrant team come a few days prior. I was a kid eating cereal at 2 am and they knocked and asked for someone else and then I said no not here. They asked my name and i said it and they busted in, caught me with no weed but a metal pipe i was scraping. They did the whole re arresting me and putting me in county cell thing. It was funny, i had a pirates chest thing that my tv was on and they knew i had a stash so seached it= kids books.