New York Bans D8/D10 and isomerization

Ahh, so it was mostly demand that killed it

1 Like

DC has been screwing up regulating hemp for the better part of a century. This is the first time their fuck up is working in hemp’s favor. And people think the industry shouldn’t make the most of it? F that noise.

2 Likes

Cheers to ignorant lawmakers. Don’t get me wrong.
I absolutely enjoy the chaos in hemp.

1 Like

The chaos is pretty cool to see, but my lord. When will it come to an end? When will both industries be sort of stable.

When there’s no money in the cannabinoids and everyone needs to work in fiber and fuel etc

1 Like

Which will be probably never. Unless cannabis turns into alcohol… which I’m starting to see in some places instead of replacing alcohol with cannabis.

Whether we like it or not. It’s heading only one direction. Big business and craft, and big businesses buying up craft. Just like breweries.

1 Like

Craft/single source is dying in cannabis. Exactly what happened with alcohol. I have nothing against moderation with alcohol and brewing, brewing is an art and a craft just like cannabis, but I DESPISE the corporatization of both. As look whats it lead to.

Alcohol/alcoholism is normalized but oh man smoke a little to much pot and you’re now a schizophrenic. The double standard for it is the issue as well.

It’s not even been 100 years since prohibition, but alcohol has a hell of a head start in comparison.
1933-2021 a lot changes.

1 Like

Went from illegal(no one cared about it cept for gubberment) to “look, we get you’re an alcoholic by choice but you need ALL the help you can get, even if you don’t wanna be sober” and cannabis: same stigma, just more people realizing the stigma is propaganda pushed by big tobackky and alcohol.

I can’t speak for the rest of America. In New York City about 15 years ago Williamsburg started to take off surprisingly because everyone was banking on the Red Hook area or Brooklyn heights followed by Park Slope with their brownstone homes for New Yorkers looking to start a family or move away from Manhattan but keep a good active lifestyle.

Williamsburg is all about local bars, music, and microbreweries. Craft beer is what everyone seeks. This trend has continued to other parts of Brooklyn and Long Island. Craft beer has had a rebirth of sorts with microbreweries opening up everywhere.

I will be honest I am not really fond of large multi-state operators. I don’t think they add value. The little guys sometimes don’t put in the work because they want the product to speak for itself. However, unless you can market your product or package it properly you won’t have many takers in the first place.

I believe there will always be a market for small businesses that do things right.

In my retail stores and in hundreds of specialty stores that we deal with…they have an insane amount of craft beer collection. People still a very hefty premium when they can go into the supermarket and buy the mainstream beer cheaper than what a mom n pop shop pays to buy.

People will just have to fine-tune their calling.

I had been thinking of this… If we have found data on medical uses of D8; Big Pharma for sure has as well…

1 Like

All cannabinoids have some benefit to them. D8 imo is still WAY to new to give our 100% trust in.