New upcoming spd here

Anyone got any advice / tuts to installing a PID? Pretty much the last thing I have to do before I can run…

do it like this

8 Likes

Can u make a vacuum controller with one of those?

1 Like

Run number 2
Shes a flowing

I absolutely LOVE doing extracts, but super boring

7 Likes

Ive been at 200-200-188.3c-85micron-75c-1400rpm for 1.75hrs now and still flowing nice gold.

9 Likes

8 Likes

Fire :fire::fire::fire:

2 Likes

Running out of room in that flask lol

2 Likes

I did
I swapped out that flask to catch the tails.

Heres whats left in the bf. Started with aprox 750-800ml

Time to water my garden andnits beer30

7 Likes

I need to play the lottery! I never have this good of beginners luck. Props to everyone here for the wealth of information (use the search bar folks!) And for this site

Below is 1st pass. Nothings added to the BF during distillation. No color remediation powders added at all. Just a dry ice extracted ethanol extract, celite 545 bed in the buchner funnels, and almost 3hrs at 200c pv/sv

Off to lab tomorrow

10 Likes

Heres a tip, if you used grease to seal that flask use hexanes and a lint free cloth to clean the ground glass section untill it appears “frosted”, at this point you shouldent have any remenents of grease in the neck of the flask and you can safely pour the product out. Not a lot of people remove the grease completly, especially when they clean the glassware. A thin layer of that grease will eventually work its way eveywhere.

9 Likes

Check percision labware for 14/20 (i think thats the joint size) thermometers… the thermo will have the joint built in… i use them on some smaller heads… :thinking: it may be 10/18… i cant remember. :man_facepalming: Wheres my coffee

3 Likes

Acetone works too if you cant work with hdrocarbons. Also drys instantly.

4 Likes

Lab results
89.57% thc

Not too bad for a 2nd time newbie with china glass!

The heck with being locked down every day to my garden, processing is where you actually can have somewhat of a life with time off.

Disclaimer!

I have 2 of my top shelf elite strains tested as well. Darlins net (dans bud (rip) pheno) and the OG gorilla glue 4 (from JW!) And the numbers were about 2-3% lower than expected.

7 Likes

Ah I see you have giving me a very high number to shoot for. I better get moving and get my grow room in order so I can have some top shelf starting material :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

You dont need top shelf material for disty. Thc is thc, crap strain you’ll just need more material vs higher strains.

2 Likes

I agree however Top Shelf is for yield as I don’t have access to lbs of low grade :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Imo, potency wise would be more determined by your spd ability.

2 Likes

Omg , looks amazing !!

2 Likes

Thanks

Just took on a big client. Hope I can only improve from here. This site is the bees knees for info. Hands down.

I think I’m gonna need a bigger BF for this run. Or I’ll make a few runs in my current setup

6 Likes