New to short path distillation

Any classes or online training for short path distillation?
(BHO)

Sure…why not start in the distillation category!

2 Likes

Don’t be lazy. I’ve learned literally everything I know now from researching myself online just read through this forum and you’ll learn everything you need

4 Likes

Definitely not lazy there’s so much junk online and I need a path just show me the light lol I love doing research but most information I found is on a bunch of rookies like me thinking they know it all.

1 Like

There is no Gunk on this forum this place is literally filled with gold everything you read here is something you can take with you on this journey

7 Likes

I’m so glad I’m in the right path.

1 Like

Get a wfe

2 Likes

…so you’re saying the short path is the wrong path?

did @QGA tell you that?

4 Likes

Lol we got some smart men here

2 Likes

the more i research the more it makes sense. I mean they are a whole lot easier to use/train someone to use, they are able to produce more, and most importantly they produce a cleaner product. What is the argument for using spd? Its cheaper to get started. Make a beautiful color oil but alot oh knowledge/ high dollar equpment is needed to make a comparable product. In conclusion you would need to spend close to the same amount as a wfe to make a spd work and even then the spd will require extra cleanup procedures and more time per liter to produce.

2 Likes

While what you are saying makes sense, @Twiche23 seems to be new to distillation in general, which makes me think that they dont have the cash to shell out for a WFE. For an at home setup, SPD is more realistic. Also they could get by learning to setup and run SPD by there self which is what im assuming they are looking for.

2 Likes

Im just learning that Chinese companys sell 2 inch wfe package for around 20k .(pope usa made is 42k) now i know most do not have this tyoe of cash for a hobby i do believe a proper spd setup would cost around the same. With alot more trial and error and time so with that in mind if you have enless time to learn and alot of marital you can spare in trail ok might be fun. But from a production standpoint wfe is looking like the route to take

1 Like

Preach baby!!

2 Likes

In the defense of short path i emailed select elite oil company the company that produces hands down the best oil ive tried. ( havnt tryed a wbole lot) to ask if they used molecular or fractional and to my surprise they answered short path distilation.

I pieced together my personal SPD for just under 1500. It’s only a 250 ml set up but it’s been a great little learning tool and I don’t feel too bad when I screw it up, it’s all just personal hobby stuff for now anyways. If you shop around you can get started for a reasonable price.

4 Likes

I agree m tou can get a cheap setup for cheap on ebay. To learn for sure

3 Likes