New to make* diamonds

Its same steps with or without seeds. Your answers have been laid out for you. Eat up. :green_heart::facepunch:

10 Likes

If you don’t want to use a seed your first time you run the risk, even if you do everything right, of having them not form. I’ve done four runs side by side and have had 1 of the 4 do nothing for 15 days while the others were almost finished, dropped a seed into the one that didn’t form and in 8 days it was finished. Diamonds can be very finicky

4 Likes

if you research crystallization on any level, it generally includes introducing a seed to kick off the process. It’s scientifically proven to jump start the process. If you don’t seed it just takes more time and your formations may not be as large

6 Likes

I agree with clouds except for one part. If you do get growth without seeding it WILL result in larger formations. I guarantee that. If anyone disputes that please show examples and the reasoning behind it because if I’m wrong I’d love to learn the reasons so I don’t give bad advice.

6 Likes

it can, but it can also result in sugar sized crystals forming based on how fast it evaps into the saturation zone for crystallization. I never seed and I’ve had big stones and small stones form, the bigger ones tend to happen on batches I cap with a little too much solvent and they don’t show any signs for about a week.

2 Likes

One large diamond in a super clear mother liquor will grow huge and firm a crust of tiny diamonds. We had a cpl grow to 5-10x the size of the seed in a month.

1 Like

2 Likes

4 Likes

Been about 4 days and I still haven’t burped it, just wondering if I should keep waiting ?

1 Like

I rarely burp anymore until the very end when I get impatient and am ready to pour and purge. If you’re happy with the growth, go for it, otherwise leave it be for a bit and you’ll probably grow some more

4 Likes

Definitely still growing more diamonds, bunch more even from last night

3 Likes

When growth stops, give it couple days then burp the jar. Seal it back down growth will usually start back. Keep doing this until growth stops

3 Likes

I know I need to purge the terps when I’m done, do I also need to purge the diamonds and if so, should I pull full vac on the diamonds ?

1 Like

Ya bruh, rip a fat vac on those stones.

1 Like

When pouring the terps off, do you guys scrape what’s on the sides of the mason jar into the jar your pouring in ? Or just leave it ?

Would u purge the diamonds in the same mason jar or a new one

10 Likes

Need help asap

My friend dropped some diamonds off to me and left town and don’t know what to do with them there in jars

Do nothing. If he did everything right you can let them chill. If you have a oven which i doubt you can use it for light heat