New to crc tech. Looking for tips

Those clamps are scary.

You definitely dont need all those powders.

I can help you if you want to get a bizzybee. There’s a few stock parts that help to be upgraded.

4 Likes

:pray: thanks Sid! I hadn’t done more than 2 or 3 bends on a piece of tube before this job believe it or not. Couple feet long. Mistakes are exponential by the foot… I’ve learned to use a square to make sure 90’s are dead nuts on because they look like shit half a degree off even straight, and if you dog leg it coming out of a compound bend… fuck. Redo the whole thing. Ask me how I know. I had to buy 50ft additional tubing after fucking up a few pipes the first time, functionally OK but ugly. I like things very symmetrical. if you stand in the mirror spot on the opposite side system you should find nearly every valve angle and gauge angle matched and mirrored on opposite - save two minor unmirrored details due to the solvent exiting and entering the heat exchangers. There’s a great book called Tube Bending Simplified that complicated but does a great job of then simplifying what your doing by marking some additional lines and knowing where they’re going to line up.

This room had several 20ft sections I needed at maximum length, and something like five 10 footers that each had three bends on the three point saddle, a 90 degree bend on a 90 degree rotated plane, and another 90 degree on the end of the tube to go through the wall. And the things have to be within about a sixteenth of an inch for proper alignment and fit to the ports they meet.

With all the bends there’s no more elbows than on a standard ex 20/40/80 not ceiling-plumbed, so while there is more circuit length (unavoidable) the additional pressure drop has been minimized.

#itsallinthedetails

Thanks @SidViscous and @Hansel. Praise from my peers is among the highest compliments I receive. The client requested showroom quality and that’s what a former marine engineer and random technician of all trades can deliver :slight_smile:

We can put any features one would want, on any EX-10 or larger, on site. Hot gas loops, passive mode with “pump bypass” if you have adequate heating and chilling. I like adding lots of valves, dedicated function, to eliminate hose swapping. (I do not like wasting time, nor the possibility or potential for atmosphere to enter my system.)

We can even do even moderate welding tasks in the field. (Obviously you must take the empty, clean system out of the C1D1 control are for that)

The units usually really only need to come back for something like adding a jacket to a collection vessel or solvent tank on older systems, or for say a double jacket (vacuum insulation) on newer systems. Anything else I can think of myself or Carl can add to any system in the field. We’ve added a few neat things here and there. Auxiliary recovery (manifolded B pot essentially) systems +hot gas push are my favorite for upping recovery % on cold solvent runs. Big ass tube and shells for some of the real serious chillers…

We use only original quality parts of course, and get the original engineer of record to rectify the installation, and the machine if necessary, after any modifications since the machine left Iron Fist’s shop.

4 Likes