New to CO2 extraction

Hey guys,
I’m not new to cannabis extraction, but I am new to CO2 extraction and need a little🤏 help. Currently running an Eden 20L and am getting an excessive amount of air in the system. We fill the accumulator to 7-800PSI, is that possibly too much or not enough? I’ve got the separators at 55-60C. What temperature and pressure do you run your Extraction Vessel? We run ours around 35C and 1900-2000psi

Thanks in advance!
Nick

Edit: *this is for crude and I’m looking to extract the most cannabinoids in the least amount of time possible *

There are a few things you need to consider:

First is there are a lot of threads on CO2 extraction and parameters that individuals here use for their production. I suggest looking into some of them, there are at least 5 or 6 that come up from typing in “CO2 parameters” in the search bar.

Second is that it is important to understand the density of your solvent you are manipulating. By fine tuning your pressure and temperature, you are changing the density of the CO2. Depending on what compounds you are targeting, terpenes, cannabinoids, or a combination, there will be an optimal solvent density.

Third point to consider is knowing your equipment. Did you buy the Eden new or second hand. If new, did they give you a crash course? Most CO2 extractors are an active loop system meaning they are all automated and should purge out any ambient air automatically. In addition, what is your Eden rated at for max pressure and temperature? This can have some constraints on how you set your parameters based on getting the right solvent density.

5 Likes

we would keep our accumulators around 400 psi.
we would also prime the system with about 150-200 psi co2 gas before starting the run
i like to ramp up the pressure as the run goes.
I would see nice returns around 1350 psi 105f.
runs usually finished around 4000psi

2 Likes

Solid reply

1 Like

I run my 20L at 3800psi and 95°F and see high potencies, a good yield and nice colors when it comes to crude. I run terp runs at 1180psi and also 95°F for great results too. :blush:

3 Likes