New THC Water Soluble Method

I found this article about nano emulsion formation using condensation and I was wondering if anyone has used this method before? The way that it is described in the article is it’s very cost effective and has the ability to produce 100 nm radii emulsions. I was wondering if this could also be done with THC, but I found out that it would be more difficult since this is a water in oil emulsion rather than an oil in water. If this is the case the HLB values would be flipped and you’d have to look into a lower HLB surfactant value rather than a higher one. Please let me know your thoughts!

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-017-01420-8

5 Likes

I may be reading this wrong, but it looks like this a way of making water soluble compounds, oil soluble. Could one try this for making the water soluble essential oil elements soluble in extracts?

Im still unsure but could this literature be applied into the formation of nano emulsion for THC and CBD? The process is simple with the cool down method after placing the product in a humidity chamber and letting the water droplets get absorbed into the oil-surfactant combination. I’m slightly unsure as to what surfactant and the amount that I would use, and if this method of formation is going to even help. I did read this article though and they achieved “10 times less concentration than what previous people have tried to do.” This is pretty impressive but again I’m not sure if this only works for strictly water soluble compounds, or if this can make it so that THC and CBD become water soluble.

No it’s to make water soluble compounds go into oils as far as my read.