**NEW** SweetLeaf Systems WFE

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

That matter would have to be discussed with the manufacturer. I didn’t have any part of designing them or manufacturing them, Im just the tech that runs 2 of them daily for the guy who did and a commission on setting up a sale of a unit such as this one sounds a lot better than my hourly so I thought this might be a good place to get these into the community.

Also, @Rowan not trying to piss on anyone’s rug MAN. Just trying to make some good dist and a decent living. These machines have done well so far at half of that statement.

Damn they really cut and pasted a Delta RFD. Looks like the only thing that’s different is the color of the accents haha. I’d be interested to know how exactly this model is different than a Delta RFD (besides the internal condenser). Delta’s unit is $150k, so what do you get for an extra $50k?

After re evaluation of the market/competition for wiped films, 200k will no longer be the set retail price, and since the company has had several speed bumps to work through (getting rid of the welder that laid the suspect cold trap weld that was mentioned above, among other hiccups that are being worked out, webpage, peer reviews, etc.) while trying to get off the ground, a new price point has not yet been put into place. Once the web page is completed it will have full spec sheets, pricing options and other information. I plan to post it up here where appropriate and since I’m just a tech that operates them I don’t have much information on forward movement with the company. That being said, we still have some skeletons ready to be put together that are for sale! Just inquire for a quote, This post was more or less an introduction to the community and yes, as everyone notices these systems closely replicate an RFD unit, which I don’t see any shame in, since a lot of molecular distillation systems follow a pretty basic design; elevated feed reservoir, centered evap. column, and cold trap on either side of that with ancillary equipment accompanying wherever it fits. Some look slightly different and have different placement of parts/equipment but let’s be real, they are all pretty much the same f*ing thing. As far as differences from the RFD, I never have to troubleshoot a vacuum leak, where that was a major problem with our old delta system, specifically at the rotary feed through, we applied a ferro fluidic mechanism that holds vacuum with no problem… Another difference was to apply wipers, because the rollers were restricted to a certain rpm due to throwing crude around inside the column contaminating the condenser. A larger feed reservoir, different plumbing routes for circulating baths which includes the raffinate and distillate discharge ports, where delta uses an electrically heated part. All of this is mentioned above as well. Just like the fact that this is closely replicating an RFD by another member. How many centrifuges are all designed the same? What about closed loops? Falling films, rotovaps… Those are all pretty similar… Everything this industry uses has been designed and manufactured with similarities of its competition, usually with improvements or modifications made.

If anyone feels inclined to do so I’m sure it wouldn’t be a problem to come by the lab and check these out in person and see them perform for a peer review? Just gotta get the ok from the lab director/manufacturer.

3 Likes

Looks good.

Can you post a video or pictures of your units running?

Thanks, I’ll shoot some footage tomorrow morning of the entire system, for now all I have are dump shots of a couple recent polish passes. If interested in seeing those I can post them. Let me know.

Systems were shut down today due to some other projects happening around the lab, but I’ll post up a couple polish videos I have taken recently until I can get some better footage on Monday.

1 Like

1 Like

At the end of this video I navigate to the Sweetleaf placard mounted on the first model. I’ll get some better videos up on Monday showcasing the entire system.

1 Like

Very nice. How much is this unit price?

2 Likes

The transparency about the faults of the previous unit is very very much appreciated. Nothing comes off the line perfect and I like the stick-to-it attitude a lot. Badass, other hardware vendors could learn a lot from your approach.

4 Likes

Any pictures of the wiper assembly

2 Likes

Thanks man I appreciate that. I don’t know for sure all the details but I’m pretty convinced those welds were put down with some behind the scenes beef happening between welder and manufacturer and wouldn’t be surprised if the systems were finished in a hurry with some sort of spite behind them. I know that particular welder is no longer affiliated and I hope the guy replacing him knows his way around stainless and can put down a clean weld like the one you shared above, your weld looks immaculate comparatively. Nice work.

1 Like

I beleive we have a spare wiper assembly somewhere in the shop. If we do I’ll find it and get a few pics for you. If we don’t I can snap some pics next time we remove the basket or assemble another system.

Gotta post two videos here for you, can’t figure out how to post a video longer than 15 seconds. Also, located the extra wiper assembly, spaced on shooting a picture I got you tomorrow.

1 Like

You’ve been straight up the whole time about the faults, and failures. Good thing you got rid of the drunk welder, and hopefully you’ll have a better eye for lines that you didn’t before. I would run 1 of your units in a second! They look nice, and you’re right, they are basically all the same design. If you’re able to exploit all of the different, and maybe better design features by making them your own then you’ll have a truly unique product. The videos are promising, and look good.

I’m not in the market but I wanted to give you some Love. Lots of businesses have fucked up here, BUT lots of businesses got the fuck up, and came back stronger. I wish you luck, and the same! (The ball valves still kill me, but I would run 1 into the ground if I had the chance!)

1 Like

I appreciate the love man thank you, these are beautiful systems and the people behind them are really great people with the best intentions of starting up a reliable and trusted company. I have high hopes for the future of sweetleaf as a company in this industry and feel bad that I’m the only one trying to push these for him to get his company off the ground, he is the main engineer and contractor for 3 cannabis facilities all with plenty of work to be done at and has little free time to focus on finishing the startup of sweetleaf (website, marketing, etc all seems to have been thrown on the back burner)

Thanks again for the love and feedback! This site can be a tough place for a new guy trying to get the wheels turning on project like this.

1 Like

that wiper basket lookin thicc!!

2 Likes