New OLCC rules for artificially derived cannabinoids and CRC

Part of me wants to believe they make these rules so vague so that can have leverage but I just know it’s because they are incompetent and lack the knowledge.

3 Likes

Bro was this a dude with a birthmark on his face??? I just saw this shit now after years. He used to hang out with a dude named Sonny. They hung out around the Alewife projects in Cambridge

1 Like

I’m just worried the OLCC (or some later regulator) will interpret any ruling calling ethanol a “catalyst” to mean we cannot use ethanol in Cannabis anymore. They are already so bent out of shape over what is essentially cooking or “baking” the resin making isomers and other “unnatural products”**, I don’t put ANY stupid decisions beyond their capacity to make!

DO: Regulate the analytical & packaging requirements for products to be SAFE, EFFECTIVE, PURE, CLEARLY LABELED and RELIABLE. That will improve product quality for consumers!

DO NOT: Regulate production methods or analogous products! That just restricts research & development and encourages more “black market” activity and reinforces people finding infinite loopholes around the regs!

**“Unnatural” products do not exist. Humans are natural creatures, and all our artifice is comprised of entirely natural phenomena. Heating our food, even mixed with some edible chemicals, is common practice. Doing this with some edible plant materials is just as innocuous!

4 Likes

Aren’t you often regarded as an expert in your field?

Show me the natural path for the formation/creation of any of these in nature… without the direct aid of humankind… HU-210, HU-211, JWH-018, JWH-073…

it’s natural cause humans made it and humans are apart of nature so boom, natural products

1 Like

these are lawyers writing rules using words.
Has something to do with the “non-hydrocarbon”, ethanol.
What are your expectations?

1 Like

Not one we are planning on telling OLCC about.

Nor water…

2 Likes

Technically, this is accurate. That is what I was saying.

However, I was specifically defending the peoples’ right to simple decarboxylation, derivation and isomerization reactions that can occur from common cannabinoid usage practices; namely heating (with or without catalysts) to decarboxylate, oxidize or isomerize cannabinoids.

2 Likes

In some cases they are also NOT lawyers who are writing rules with words.

My expectations are based on prior experiences: They will screw up natural cannabinoid product research by poor interpretations of the science, misguided regulations, and overreach.

People can be quite ignorant of reality, especially when armed with just enough information to believe they know what they are doing.

5 Likes

When it comes to fault, where to lay blame and who to point the finger of lethality at…

Is it natures fault or the fault of humanity that the global water supply is tainted with PFOAs?

Is it natures fault or the fault of humanity that our coral reefs are bleaching?

It is natures fault my wife (only an example) had a deformed child due to the use of thalidomide or the fault of humanity?

Human intervention is not ‘natural’ i could give a million examples but those above should portay my point effectively.

It’s disappointing to see you try to justify the isomerization of cannabinoids for human consumption by saying “humans made it and humans are natural so it’s natural too :nerd_face:”.

Sorry to disappoint you, I suppose. It is just a philosophical difference of opinion. However, I am not giving up my conscious responsibility to do what I feel is “right” just because I am “natural”. Nor am I sanctioning, carte blanche, all human atrocity, stupidity or ignorance just for being natural creatures. Quite the opposite, considering we have the capacity to make rational decisions based on our vast learning. Likewise, I would not dismiss a rhinoceros or a hurricane “naturally” killing my loved ones, so why would I dismiss a person for doing it? Your assumptions and conclusions about my sense of humanity are skewed and even non-sequitur, @envee. I should be disappointed in your refusal to give benefit of the doubt to a fellow human who offers nothing but respect for your beliefs, empathy for the human condition, support for his fellow people, and deep concern for the world around him… but I really don’t mind. You are welcome to your opinions, misguided though they may be.

9 Likes

You’re being serious right? You’re not retarded? Just trolling?

If the rhinoceros killed your loved ones, the rhinoceros would likely have interpreted the altercation as a territorial dispute… intentionally killing your loved ones to assert dominance/enforce borders.

Nothing more, nothing less.

nah, no intention present, it was just a natural phenomenon

You say I’m misguided, yet you cannot grasp the difference between what is a natural occurrence/process and what isn’t and it’s a shame, being confined to a perspective of bias, you’re suffering from a self-inflicted state of psychosis, you’ve diluted your own mind… i pity you, i truly do.

The lack of understanding concerning the nuanced articulation of thoughts expressed by @Photon_noir is more of a reflection on you than him. Apart from being a good friend and good person, photon has contributed more to the industry in the last 30ish years than you can fathom. He is also one of, if not, the most intelligent people I have ever stood in the presence of (with the exception of @cyclopath).

Just because your brain cannot comprehend what he wrote does not give you the right or justification to attack him. You have no idea who he is, and your characterization of him is both rude and outright wrong. It’s okay to disagree, but attacking him (or anyone) just because you disagree is unacceptable.

I am politely asking you to please refrain from doing so in the future. Have some respect for those who made what we do possible.

11 Likes

Context is everything.

4 Likes

Bought & paid for with those words you got there.

2 Likes

I think he’s somehow misinterpreting my philosophy on nature as my sense of right & wrong. He’s been conflating morality with reality since the beginning, and now he’s just trying to flip the script to gaslight me—trying to make me think his interpretation of my words is my own interpretation—but I know which of us is confusing the issues. It’s standard troll behavior. It is bewildering to those unaccustomed to it, but it just looks like insanity to those who can see through it.

Thank you for your support, @Akoyeh @SubstituteCreature @Cheebachiefextracts . I agree this is silly and unnecessary, so I will stop feeding the troll. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Hey hey hey lets not be hasty! I always need a reason to play with photoshop!

But also of course bro! You’ve been such a source for straight up nuts and bolts knowledge with a total lack of ego involved. The world needs more of that

3 Likes

First off, you say I’m “gaslighting” as you continuously suggest I’m “misguided” and “misinterpreting” in order to diminish the meaning and impact of my words.

Secondly, your “philosophy on nature” has nothing to do with your prescriptive ethics. Don’t confuse the two, i haven’t.

The core of the issue i have with you is what you’re trying to justify and how you’re trying to justify it through the use of nonsensical “philosophical” logic.

You’re allegedly a genius and a successful chemist, why wouldn’t you produce or cite evidence that the isomerization of cannabinoids is safe for human consumption to support your statements?

Why turn away from the science and turn to philosophical nonsense for justification of the action?

You are trying to promote/justify the isomerization (among other processes but this one is the no-no) of cannabinoids destined for consumer markets using the argument “they’re natural because humans made them and humans are natural”.

This argument is highly suggestive, if we agree with what you have stated it leaves room to say that everything humans do is simply a natural phenomenon, which is the most ridiculous thing i’ve ever heard and it’s truthfully wrong as well as being blatant misinformation.

I prefer not to be misinformed and mark my words, the isomerization of cannabinoids for human consumption will be banned in the near future, artificial and synthetics will be a thing of the past, i assure you.

Call me a troll. Insult me. Go ahead. I already know I’m right and that’s all that matters to me.

Also you should know the three individuals you have supporting you and cheering you on are individuals I’ve already noted as insufficient sources of information, they already have a predisposition here, they do not like me and i do not care… the sheep are clapping for the lion.

I’d like to finish with pointing out this statement:

Yet you continue to stand by the use of a philosophical opinion to justify the creation of something harmful…

But that’s okay, the lawyers you hate so much are writing laws in favor of my statements. I won’t be on the wrong side of history in this industry, this plant is a true natural phenomenon, it’s potential will be unlocked through natural processes, as nature intended.

Ahhh on the crank nice and early. He knows he shouldn’t because of his psych meds but the fake scientist that lives in his head says he can have some as a treat

Shit like this going unchecked is why viewership and people posting is down.

6 Likes

It doesn’t go unchecked, I’ve already received a warning for suggesting @Photon_noir might be retarded and I’m sure if i keep it up I’ll get suspended and I’m sure you’d love to see it.

I already know you’re pretty stupid but honestly never thought I’d see the trash can man standing up for arties and synths.

Didn’t read lolollllolol

3102078466_8af0050b35_z

Found your headshot though

3 Likes