New Mexico recreational cannabis thread

NM is looking interesting

“We don’t have any limit on the number of people that we’ll license for any of the cannabis businesses,” Blair from the New Mexico Regulation and Licensing Department says. “If a million New Mexicans want to get a license, we would license a million people.”

https://www.srca.nm.gov/nmac/nmregister/xxxii/16.8.2.html

(3) a felony offense for the possession, use, manufacture, distribution or dispensing or possession with the intent to manufacture, distribute or dispense a controlled substance. For purposes of this rule, a controlled substance shall not include cannabis.

Looks like licensing will be pretty open, cannabis was removed from the controlled substances list so prior convictions for it don’t count towards the license background check. Cheap land, scarce water, and another shared border with Texas. Gonna be interesting to watch

7 Likes

Still have yet to really approve any one and the medical cartels are already in place with deep pockets and friends in the round house.

1 Like

I was asked to consult for one last year, the scale seemed too big and grand. I turned it down because it seemed like one of those ‘If anything goes wrong it’s solely your fault’ type deals since they were going to hire extremely unskilled labor and they just simply wanted too much out of it. It’s gonna be a bumpy one out there.

2 Likes

Wife and I just moved out here to NM to be involved in this Rec market. We’re hoping to open a dispensary in Las Cruces. They still haven’t ironed out all the rules but supposedly by January 1st everything will be finalized. The state saying by no later than April 1st dispensaries can open. If anybody can point me in the direction of good auto flower genetic hopefully we can get off at least one harvest by April but it’s not looking good cuz they’re dragging their feet on approving these applications.

3 Likes

“good auto flower genetic” is an oxymoron. Secure your future with solid genetics rather than cutting a corner to get a quick crop.

6 Likes

Valid point duly noted.

3 Likes

What are wholesale prices and quality looking like? I just got offered something out there but am pretty apprehensive about the market

1 Like

1k a pound indoor medical