New member First official run!

Looks like you may have a little residual lipids in there

2 Likes

Yes it’s the diluted slurry at room temp after a series of media. This was mainly just to test filtration media individually and stacked.

2 Likes

Great feedback and data to work with, I’ll be doing some good reading before I jump to my next step on the media filtration.

1 Like

Try double that :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Looks great for your first attempt, if you don’t want to run through media you can also double pass in the short path!

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone.

I wanted to add more data on the setup Im running since It’ll make it easier to understand or troubleshoot.

My crude started out as BHo then to Etno for winterzation and filtration.

My recirculation pump for the main fraction was running at 48c and chilled temp for the heads.

The only media I currently have is T5

For my next upgrade before I run another pass I’m going to run a larger cold trap.

Question : will adding t5 to my main fraction and running a second pass with it well mixed together be a good idea or should I save for the media filtration method?

Now would I need to add more ethno to my current fraction again to run through the media ?

Are those media layers just stacked atop a glass frit or is there a filter paper involved?

Just stacked on the glass frit