New Lab

Hi there,

We are currently looking to process large scale CBD flowers into distillate and isolate. I come from a small batch hydrocarbon background and need to find some way of processing around a ton of flower each month which is a different ballgame for me in all honesty. I have been researching ethanol extraction mainly as it seems alot of people are using this on scale for its safety and scalable factors and it seems co2 is more costly and will incur more issues in terms of winterisation for example. I was wondering if i could get any information on possible processing speeds of different systems and rough costs involved, and if anybody would be able to point me in the direction of companies building systems that would enable me to run this sort of quantity.

I have poured over alot of threads and have only really managed to confuse myself in regards to this but if there is any threads that outline what im asking please let me know, i would hate to waste anyones time.

Thanks in advance for any guidance, this community has been incredibly helpful so far.

1 Like

No offence but you need to read, read, read some more. If you want this you have to put the work in. This industry changes by the day and is growing very fast. All the information is here, just get out there and read (and use the search bar). That said 1 ton a month is almost hobby size. Ethanol will be your best bet.

3 Likes

The cost vary from many factor. You are doing 1 ton per month, which convert to about 330kg per day.
I would suggest you get ethanol extraction as well. More manageable than CO2.
The ethanol extraction also has very board price range. If you go to stainless one with automatic run, you are looking at more than 200k in pricing. If you start small with 100L stainless steel reactor, then the cost is low, around 9000 for each reactor.
The budget is the key, and you need to plan each step very well. If you have enough investment, than you can go to the state of air equipment at the beginning.
I would suggest start with small with some income and build out you full lab.
If you start with the less fancy equipment, you are looking to pay around 300k to start your production line with production rate of 10-20kg of distillate per day.
DM me if you want to see more about budgeting.

1 Like

I can help DM me.

1 Like

What Nik said. If the reading you have done has left you confused than “read read…” oh and PLEASE dont listen to anything jimmytian8 says. 1 ton a month is 63-65 pounds a day… how he got 330 kilos a day… idk i know of a facility over here in chatsworth(Los Angeles) that can set u up for that scale np. They will guide you and i can get you access to a live demo if youd like. They have about 100 labs in CA using their products

1 Like

Just so you understand why @OBXtracts said 1ton/month was “almost hobby scale…”

The Ace30 can process 30lb at a time, and has a cycle time of 20min or less. So you could hit your goal in a couple of 10hr days.

If you haven’t already found my Ethanol Extraction White Paper I suggest you start there.

Excersizing your right to buy a clue can save you considerable time an energy if you chose the right consultant.

The wrong consultant on the other hand can ruin you.

If your reading has confused, ask clarifying questions. Point to what you’ve read, explain where you get lost.

@Future’s General Hemp Processing Equipment Spreadsheet might be helpful, at least for putting your throughput into perspective.

I also highly recommend finding the books section in the data dump & reading most of them.

5 Likes