New jannies vote

I thought we were supposed to have nominations every 6 months for new jannies or to see if any should be removed?

@sidco, are we still doing that?

6 Likes

My opinion, trust_level_3 which is automatically obtained without admin intervention has a lot of powers that are being under utilized. The few times you do hear about the power of Regulars is when it is abused,more often than not people are using the powers for good to help organize posts.
We have more @trust_level_4 than we need. Chances are if you polled the 4s they would tell you they dont do much outside of what a lvl3 can accomplish due to how we run the forum. I am skeptical on who to trust with true @moderators or @admins powers. Posts should be moved and not removed. a few current lv4s might apply for that, which would mean me handling less flags.
The voting system this forum software utilizes is not the solution for making decisions. It can be used to get a good feel of something but only if all the options are set to ‘Show who voted’ and someone goes back and calls out alt accounts or take results with a grain of salt.
4s should be based on helpfulness (time spent/useful flags/insightful posts/ability to split off topic posts) and not a popularity contest, again 4s dont get much more than 3s anyways.

Open to see who wants to be a 4. Apply here?

7 Likes

Glorious split powa
Aka the power to be inboxed by people without them

1 Like

I think the more the merrier but I don’t recall see a ton of issues lately. I think the trolling and arguments have been minimal all 2022 so far.

10 Likes

A lot of the most argumentative threads this year have yielded help for those seeking it, and have been more constructive and yielding knowledge then years past (imho at least the last few that I can remember)

6 Likes

I just recall this was something we all mentioned, no complaints here lol.

2 Likes

I’d be down to apply for a level 4 or whatever is next from regular.

I’d campaign on being active and getting the equipment for sale threads under control in an ethical and efficient manner.

3 Likes

I was super excited when I saw the pencil next to post titles when I got that ability, but haven’t even used it because I haven’t found the need/didn’t want to piss anyone off lol. Since I quit reddit back a year ago, I’m here pretty much anytime I have my phone on. I haven’t really found a case where I can help out more than the TL4s already do. I really feel like this site has excellent moderation without abuse of power ( /r/d8 is an excellent example of the opposite). Really appreciate the work y’all have put into this place!

1 Like

#Recallqma

2 Likes