Need tips for large scale ethanol washing station efficiency

Any tips on increasing the speed of filling our micron filter bags more efficiently?
The current method includes scooping biomass into the bag with an ice scoop. What we process is bucked off the stem but not ground or processed otherwise.
I notice our employees struggle with the bags and this slows everything down. It’s like trying to bag leaves with a scoop while holding the bag in the other hand.
I’ve seen some people try out a five gallon bucket, both by filling the bucket itself and dumping the biomass into the open bag, or by putting the bag into the bucket like a trash bag in a can. Either way the 5gal isn’t big enough to get the 5-7lbs of biomass any faster than filling by hand.
Our washing process has sped up a ton since we started, but there’s got to be a faster way to fill these bags.
Let me know if you need more details. Thanks.

Turkey bags.
Preweigh ur biomass into 2lbs increments in turkey bags.
U can dump 3 bags into ur sock in 1 minute or less.
Compress the bag like a hot dog before pouring in, usually fits right in there and then u shake it upwards.
I like to compress the biomass a bit in between the 2nd and 3rd bag.
Use the down time during extraction to bag more, or get them bagged while you wait for ur machines to start up/cool down

I’ve never used one but I’ve always wondered if this would be a good solution. I’ve always hand packed though.

1 Like

Get a bigger bucket and put the bag inside.
If you are doing that much extraction you can custom make many proper sized buckets and bags to boot. Don’t lose money by opportunity cost.

1 Like

How long to you soak your unmilled biomass? Are you happy with your extraction efficiency and residual cannabanoids?

1 Like

Thank you I’m gearing up to check out buckets at restaurant supply stores today. Currently soaking ~5lb in buckets for 5.5min works good if the washers are agitating mindfully. If they just sit there and soak we’ve seen it needs to be a few minutes longer.

Yes! This needs to be a thing.
I’ve been daydreaming about this wall-mounted lettuce dispenser that we used to have at a restaurant back in the day.