Need some advice from the pros

I struggled with making extracts for quite longer than id like to admit. Seriously if you want bho that looked like rick simpson oil i was your guy. However through trial and error i have been able to produce stable shatter and crumble. Laughable to you guys I know. But for me its an accomplishment.

The problem im running into is humidity is starting to effect the stability. Michigan winter’s cold and dry Crumble isnt crumbling shatter isnt snapping. I have 1k to spend. Would an oven eliminate my climate problems im having in my garage?

I needed reassurances that im making the right decision.

Any recommendations?

My material is the same frozen trim I have from my rooms always fresh

Read more

8 Likes

Sure where

Winter means lower humidity in most cases so your sugar should be sugaring and shatter snapping and sugaring

You probably have moisture from the material you run in your solvent and it’s getting into your extracts

Get a molecular sieve and the correct beads for it and bake them before using. You can distill all your gas (dump into collection with no material) and recover back through your molsieve to remove water.

Also people spray weed with all kinds of stuff. Are you growing this material or getting it from somewhere else? I’ve found that spraying oils on blooming plants will sometimes leave a residue that gets extracted along with your cannabinoids and terpenes that makes shatter goopy and doesn’t allow crumbles to set up.

Edit: you grow it and it’s fresh frozen
50 bucks it’s water in your solvent. Fresh frozen is tricky if you aren’t getting it cold enough before you extract and keep it cold enough during extraction. Add maybe not having a molsieve or one with improperly dried beads and BINGO!

4 Likes

Its all my material. I have no problem in the winter. Now that spring is here the weather has changed. Now im running into the issues

Ok. Good clarification

Could be storage humidity as well. Keep it in a wine fridge with desiccant packs to keep it at 50f/50%

Do you have a molsieve? What kind of beads? How often do you bake them?

1 Like

Dude im asking about buying an oven. I have no idea what that is your talking about. Im a caretaker in michigan in a two car garage i have a two foot glass extractor and a vac chamber thats it. Wouldnt an oven be my next step?

Do some reading.

Buy a closed loop…

Like…

8 Likes

Sure again where

Oh my bad. You like open blasting and putting xylene, toluene and benzene in patients extracts.

Most caregivers don’t give their patients. carcinogenic molecules. The kind found in the cans of lighter fluid you extract with.

Get a closed loop and some non carcinogenic solvent and do ALOT of reading and then you will probably understand what I’m saying

Facebook or Reddit is probably a better place to start than here amigo.

4 Likes

Thank u I see that now very selective crowd oh well wanted advice look what I got

Great attitude. Have fun open blasting!

9 Likes

If you want to be a race car driver you have to learn how to put gas in the tank and turn the key first. There are better places for day one info. @Killa12345 has some very affordable equipment and can help with resources on how to learn to operate it safely.

Please educate yourself and stop poisoning people for profit under the guise of medical marijuana :pray:t3:

9 Likes

But he is a caretaker

Making meds

4 the patients

Lol

8 Likes

Boooooom

6 Likes

And he’s gone…

Never to return.

3 Likes

Everything you’ve asked about has been posted here before, this place is an encyclopedia of knowledge.

Use this big fucking button right at the top of the page and quit complaining. Or you can visit another site.

6 Likes

Buy an oven and mol sieve, do some reading

1 Like

might get a closed column at least u could use dry ice more then

2 Likes

@Brycedad welcome to Future 4200. No one is trying to be short with you at all. Hope you know this…
I came on here asking questions just like you. Then…one day I discovered the search function and my life was truly altered. There is frankly too much great information on here relating to life and the pursuit of cannabis happiness. Since I’ve been on here since 2018 ( 2 different handles) I’ve gone from being a grower to mfg bomb ass concentrates and edibles. Takes time and effort, but to truly know how to be a caregiver and let someone else be the caretaker.

5 Likes