Need help with hte

Hey, i have a few different strains of hte that i got quite some time ago and am now trying to formulate with for d9 vapes. the viscosity is very liquidy and i got one of them tested came back with 60% total noids 15% terps- 8% of it being myrcene.

However there is defenitly some tane left in the solution as when i shake the jar it bubbles up and the jar pops/offgasses when i open it after leaving it be for days-weeks. I am wondering if there is a practical way i can remove as much of the solvent as possible without a vac oven(have access to a normal oven) as i think it is causing some harshness in the final end product(ive tried bleding with d9 in increments of 5% from 20% up to 35% so far). Any help would be appreciated thanks.

1 Like

What temp are you mixing it with the distillate at? Any remaining butane should boil off fairly quickly during that process. IME really good HTE will bubble like you’re describing even being 0ppm butane.

5 Likes

That does sound like awfully low terpene content for something you say has very low viscosity. Did you test it for residual solvents?

1 Like

Around 170F, maybe i should try like 15% and see if its smoother. I think it will make the total terps a bit low though and the oil a bit to thick to wick in our disposables properly

Any ideas based off the test?

that’s a really low upper threshold for reporting butane content

can they not give you an actual number other than greater than 100 ppm?

2 Likes