Need help with a vape cart formulation

Hi, we are in need of some help formulating a vape cartridges that has a sweet taste similar to nicotine vape juce. Is there anything that will accomplish this without vg/pg?

Client is a large nicotine vape company looking to expand into cbd. But they want to transition their current customers. Hence the need for a product that provides a similar experience to a nicotine vape.

Not exactly my cup of tea but hey im not going to argue with these guys. The customer is always right.

Willing to pay for a consultation if anyone has experience producing something in this ball park

2 Likes

What’s the hardware? Do you need it to just taste like an ejuice flavor with the same thick viscosity as distillate? Or do you need it to be a water soluble “eliquid” that is thin like their ejuices? I don’t think the customer is always right when it comes to what they think should be able to go in a vape.

3 Likes

It sounds like the customer wants “blue raspberry” and “mint chocolate chip” vape flavors and you should be happy to hear that most will work, and the ones that don’t will still work but be cloudy.

You will need a disperser/homogenizer to make the blend

2 Likes

The hardware is a really wierd rectangular plastic cart. Not what we recommend but they are set on it. Ill get a pic this evening.

I personally would like to accomplish this with cannabinoids and terps only but I have a feeling pg/vg or something similar may be required to get the desired results. Im open to any and all suggestions.

Thats about it

2 Likes

You just need flavored botanical terp blends… massterpenes has some that are really spot on with the flavors. I use them for 8/10 of my companies blends, if you dont care about paying more use sweet terps for anything mass doesnt have… the cookies and cream is crazy

1 Like

The terpene store synthetic blends are good to if your looking for nicotine spot on style terps. Be aware they are really strong and completely kill any type of distillate flavor, id highly recommend ordering some samples if you go this route before doing large batches.

2 Likes

I want to thank @qma for giving me some great advice about this. Did me a real solid and consulted for free.

2 Likes

What solution did you end up reaching?

Did we ever get to the part where almost all the flavors in the universe are on reddit because flavorists are the biggest of bros?

We did. However there wasn’t any fig flavor on there. I did end up finding one. But luckily i convinced the customer to go with terps for flavor. Your sweetener suggestion really made the difference.

1 Like

I just wanted to say that I have had better experiences with flavoring than I have with alternatively derived terpense. Almost every time… They are highly repeatable as well, not so much with terps.

How is the shelf stability in your experience?

As long as you use an alcohol or pg carrier it’s great. Vg is hygroscopic and is a shit carrier for cannabinoids.

Ill get in the lab and mix up some test batches. Appreciate you chiming in.