Need help hot jar tek fail STRESSIN OUT

I agree. He could add some solvent to redissolve the starting crystals then go about it as he normally would for shatter. The quest for crystals isnt shot at all though.

1 Like

2 Likes

Thats the level of speca in all the jars

Ok so i wont abandon just yet.
I posted a pic of what my jars look like. Good to know i can slab it out if need be

as long as you’re not decarbing your jar experiment you can always just add more solvent and fix the ratio

looking at the last pic you’re close. add a wee bit of warm solvent and dissolve those little nucleations and toss it in the freezer.

2 Likes

You think its not enough? I was thinking too much.
Original hot jar tek recovers to -5 and i stopped at 0

1 Like

Think you could take a video to show everyone? I said too much, and @downtheterphole said not enough lol. Maybe a vid could help determine the solvent level.

And agreed with thr decarb, as long you’re not heating too much, you in theory could play around with this quite a few times.

2 Likes

Sure what exacty do you want the video of

Maybe tilt the jar back and forth a little bit, I think if we can see the viscosity it might help.

If you had time, you could probably just let time do its thing, but it seems like for this hot tek to work, there’s has to be a particular ratio of solvent to oil

2 Likes
2 Likes

So, for me, that looks a little runny. When I’ve done batches like that it takes a bit to crystallize.

2 Likes

So what should i do? Wait longer? Burp? Turn down temp? Im at 95

2 Likes

It’s got a dash too much solvent, just saw your video it should still crash just might take a bit longer than before maybe burp some of that solvent off

4 Likes

Should i leave it at 95?

You can go as high as 120 if I’m not mistaken, higher heat makes them crash faster but smaller in my experience

3 Likes

So we got some agreement! Cool, I think you just need to evap like we think.

The temp should be fine I’d think, @DUMPSTERFIREOG, you?

Lol, nvm, beat me to it

2 Likes

Btw, j12 knows his stuff for sure.

3 Likes

I’d let it be at 95 and if no result in 12hrs check viscosity and maybe increase temp

3 Likes

Oh i know. God of diamonds thats why i tagged him in the op

1 Like

I’m reading both threads lol

1 Like