Need help asap, zero flow...

Bleed the line too before administering the propane so there isn’t oxygen in the system

2 Likes

Stick your recovery coil on cold, open the recovery port on your tank, close the top of the column and flip on the cmep with your drain lines open

Yes if you don’t know the bleed tek check out Bogart they have a video about how to. Basically fill the line with propane gas and leave the valve closed to the column. Bleed a tiny bit of gas out of the hose at the jic connection and then tighten it to seal. This should push the oxygen out.

1 Like

Love the wooden racks! Make sure you don’t turn the heat on the collection vessel too soon. Otherwise, you’ll need nitrogen to push the liquid solvent into the collection pot. Make sure the collection pot is at a lower PSI than the column side to help things flow.

So can someone tell me why I can’t just use dry ice and skip the Iso… I don’t need my tank at -4000 degrees… I just want a happy medium that doesn’t fuck my pump up but will also allow me to keep it mildly chilled to run Without stalls and without using nitro or propane…

I never mentioned iso. I think I’ve helped all I can and I’m thinking you just didnt start off w enough gas in the first place if you’ve tried everything suggested

I know you didn’t say anything about iso…I was just stating a question I wasn’t asking anyone specifically.

Your welcome. I’ll make sure not to comment on any further posts of yours.

Can you elaborate on your SOP because it sounds like you turn your collection pot heat up too early causing the back pressure issue.

2 Likes

if your clogging with a pump maybe try passive until you understand how solvent moves through your system. I know that helped me understand how it moves through and how to avoid clogs or slow flow

You have a few threads with the same issues. I promise you, if you just listen to the replies and get a damn bottle of nitrogen and a regulator, your life will change drastically and you won’t be here asking these urgent questions anymore.

I already told you that your big ass cmep is not designed to suck cold butane through filters and into your collection. If you choose to do things incorrectly, you will invariably encounter issues every run.

4 Likes

Great idea @Apothecary36 I’ve seen this before using tri blend. Yeah propane is a bitch to condense to zero psi is why. It’ll be ur positive psi.

A nitro bump and some prvs. This is the best long term solution

Extract with butane or ISO butane, and fill columns. Add 2 lbs of propane gas. Nitrogen is lame

2 Likes

To say nitrogen is lame is crazy man. I understand that two lbs of propane will do everything you need in your system, which is absolutely fantastic. However, two lbs of propane will not move a single lb of solvent through my particular system since all columns are jacketed to run fresh frozen.

Nitrogen gas has much higher capabilities than using propane and is much more efficient since you have absolute control over applied pressures. Nitrogen gas will work in EVERY system to move solvent, propane will not.

4 Likes

I just don’t like bleeding out the nitrogen. Also I’ve had nitrogen go from 50 Psi to 350 Psi in 30 min

Are you using liquid nitrogen? Nitrogen gas is not expansive with thermal variations. 50psi of nitrogen gas at -40c will be very close to 50psi at 40c. Of course, liquid nitrogen on the other hand will come with insane pressure swings unless you are below -210c

1 Like

You just dont know how to manipulate your system correctly for propane usage and injecting propane at the correct temperature…

Have you ever heard of BLEVE? YOU should really read up on it.
nitrogen is not safe… variables can change to rapidly if you’re not careful.

lmao i bet you dont have a freeze dryer? no wonder you cant push it through…

Why is nitrogen gas unsafe? We all know liquid nitogen is dangerous but gas w a regulator is amazing. Been using it for 6 months now and have not had single clog

1 Like

I’m confused.
Unless we start with liquid nitrogen, I don’t see the “boiling liquid”.

With PRVs and a two stage regulator, how does a low pressure N2 gas “push” on a butane system at -40C go sideways as a bleve?

2 Likes

Relax my man. I’m not looking for an argument. I’m simply stating that under no circumstances will nitrogen gas from a high pressure cylinder ever boil and create additional pressure.

How do you push 15lbs of butane/propane mix that was injected at -40c into a column with dry ice jackets through filters into a collector that has already had multiple runs dumped into it and is still in recovery, using only propane? It would be really good for me to know in case we ever ran out of nitrogen. I have tried a few different injections with no success.

Thank you for your input.

1 Like