Need advice on where to put digital vacuum gauge on my SPD system

Yes, that would pair nicely with your 2L setup

3 Likes

Would it also work on a 5L setup when I upgrade ?

1 Like

Yes that would be perfect.

5 Likes

Yes it will. Once you go to 12-22 liter thatā€™s when you need dual Edwards or even a much larger single unit.

4 Likes

The King has spoken!!!

1 Like

Itā€™ll work just nicely!

Elvis left the building long ago.
Lol

3 Likes

I just got the E2M8 pump for $240 bucksā€¦ im so fucking happy!!! I want to share a picture but I canā€™t for some reason

1 Like

This is the pump I was talking about, any tips of things I might need to make it work with my system would be highly appreciated, like what oil to useā€¦ im hooking it up with 2 cold traps and the whole system is full bore

1 Like

Find the tag on the pump, and use your Google fooā€¦ Youā€™ll find more information, faster that way than any other way. Bitching pump! Iā€™m jealous, hopefully Iā€™ll score a similar deal some day!

1 Like

What pump is that

You want a e2m28. Not a 8. Misread. You want the Edwards 28 it Edwards 30 model.

1 Like

According to labsociety it would be fine for a 2liter setup, it pulls 6.7 CFM your pump. Im still a newbie tho

Myself have dual pumps 11cfm across international pump for nastys hooked up to a e2m28 for fines

I Think we all read it as e2m28

3 Likes

Those small Edwards 8 pumps will suffer. Nobody uses those smaller pumps no matter recommended uses. Everyone ditched then and goes 28 series.

3 Likes

Well, the fact remains that he HAS that pumpā€¦ AND it will work for you 2L. If you can score a better pump down the road talk to spdking and heā€™ll hook you up with something sweet, no doubt. Youā€™re cool homie, change the oil, and get that sum bitch plumbed into your rigā€¦

7 Likes

lol. So itā€™ll work for sure ?

Yes, it will work.

1 Like

@Capttripppp @GroovyOctopusLabs @Demontrich @SidViscous @HeisenbergInd @spdking

Yo guys I need a bit of your knowledge again, as some of you may know im from Mexico so I got Mexican oil here, Iā€™ve been going through the Edwards pump manual and they advise to use Ultragrade 19 oil for the pump, what I need to know and it has been stopping me from using the Edwards pump is, can I use the same oil that I was using on my cheap eBay rotary vane pump ?? As you can see in the picture, on the left I got that cheap rotary vane pump from eBay, Iā€™ve been using it hard, a lot of hours Iā€™ve put into it, over 200 hours for sure, if not even more, and the oil that I have been using is the one in the middle, its actually made for industrial air compressors made here in Mexico and its been working great on that little pump, so my obvious question is, can I use that same oil on the Edwards without damaging it ? I really think the answer is yes I can use it but im scared as fuck cause if im wrong imma fuck things up big time, I already got all my setup delivered and im eager to start, so what do you guys think ? Should I use that oil ??

Also on a side note, does anybody have any advice of something cheap I can distill to test my equipment like coconut oil or something like that that is not expensive so I can do a test run in order to get to know my equipment and how it works so I donā€™t fuck up any sweet sweet THC oil ??

Im also sharing a picture of my 2L setup mainly just to show off cause nobody that I know knows I do this so I canā€™t really show it to anybody hehe but also to take any suggestions or criticisms from all you spd gurus.

As always very thankful to anyone willing to share info on my questions, thanks ya`ll

No you do not want to use poor oil in your Edwards. The cheapo vacuum pump doesnā€™t opperate on same physics internally even though basically same components so to speak. The Edwards requires a higher grade oil and will opperate better. If you use crappy oil it will become more scopic and no eject as much contamination during opperating and will log up causing vacuum issues. Stick with proper oil. I am always sickened when I see people buy drums of china oil thatā€™s questionably contaminated in a small amount with all kinds of shitā€¦people re brand it and resell it with this logo on it for profits. Instead it makes maintenancing and use in pumps a nightmare.

1 Like

Stack the trap and get rid of the bellow.

5 Likes