Need a Consultant to Help Prevent Oxidation from MMJ D9 and Converted D9

1 liter of water with 150g of salt in it Or 567g of salt in 1 gallon. (Also 15% is the higher end, u can definitly use less with great success)
The salt is not absolutely necesarry unless ur trying to rush thru it. Salt helps break the emulsion layers very quickly by making your water more dense.

If u were after an ultimate fraction, id do the washes without the salt, dump ur emulsion layer and water layer (everytime) and then salt ur runoff water to catch the cannabinoids floating in the dumped emulsion

4 Likes

That’s really interesting, so you add Sodium Hydroxide to the water to make sure it’s a ph of 7?

I was recently told to use distilled water and the goal is to make sure whatever ph it starts with, it is the same once the water comes out so you know you’re not pulling anything out.

What is the benefit of making sure the water is a ph of 7 going in?

gonna try this method out soon w/ some different approaches to the magic dirts. will let ya know the results and methodology brothrrr

Because distilled water is usually around a ph of 6. Its a common misconception that distilled water has a ph of 7. A little secret is it varies from 5-7 in my experience. ALWAYS test water to confirm its ph before adding anything and especially after to confirm.

ph of 7 is neutral and should always be the goal to get to.

I want to be clear i ALWAYS test the water first. Then I use the results to determine what I need to do to bring that to a ph of 7.

ALWAYS TEST YOUR WATERS PH. A roll of ph strips is like 10 dollars and will last you a long time.

4 Likes

Another one of your hilariously wrong claims.

Regular filter paper will do.

Except mol sieves achieve dramatically lower residual water content compared to Sodium sulfate.

All this will do is remove water soluble stuff from the organic phase. As long as the phenolic cannabinoids aren’t deprotonated, you’re good. Residual water content matters a lot more than hitting pH 7 spot on.

Yes, because of dissolved CO2. Boiling it will make it go to pH 7.
Even so, pH 6 is perfectly fine as a “neutral pH” wash.

7 Likes

i think there are a lot of opinions in this thread.

your best bet is to store your material in an inert environment. cold, dark, and free of atmosphere, replaced with either nitrogen or better yet argon.

nitrogen is cheaper but you will have to use more to “blanket” your disty. argon you will use less, but is more expensive. and in your container of choice, you should have as little head space as possible.

Just looking for clarification: I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that @Cheebachiefextracts was referring to magnesium sulfate anhydrous which is what we use for a drying agent with heavy alkanes. I’ve been scared off the zeolites, especially with cannabinoid acids because it is alleged that they may adsorb (THCa in particular). For something like hex/hep we run baked out epsom salt ground finely on top of our filter stacks to remove even the tiny amounts of water that might be along for the ride with the alkanes. I’ve considered this to be a “voodoo ritual” that is probably wildly unnecessary with the low-ppm solubility of water in heptane, just want to make sure we’re not screwing the pooch by doing it

4 Likes

Hit me up. Don’t need to pay anyone. I can help you out for zero dollars and make sure to stretch that zero dollars far.

4 Likes

In case anyone is wondering. Ro/di is literally the correct water needed to be used for water washes. Distilled water doesn’t even work as well as tap water. Well I mean I used to use regular tall boy filtered well water. But the reverse osmosis deionized water works the best. The deionization part of the cleaning of the filtered stream makes a huge difference.

I’m super stoked about hearing that made up explanation of what the actual difference is between RO, DI and distilled water in this application, and in general. Shit dude, i can’t believe how a business owner like you opens himself up to ridicule time and time again!

4 Likes

Are you on crack or something? It’s was just a simple suggestion to use ro di instead of distilled water.

Plan and simple o.o on both sides makes water washes more effective.

If you want a more detailed explanation you can ask someone else. I’m not exactly a chemist. And nobody made anything up. I simple said water washes worked better with reverse osmosis that has been deionized Wich makes the water more attractive to water based compounds when it grabs it during a water wash. In fact this is a known water type labs in colleges use and all over the world. Nobody uses distilled water bc it still have a high mineral count.

2 Likes

Shit man I don’t know how a couch surfer like you opens himself up for drama like you do blindly everytime. While I’m sitting at work helping more people in this industry without charging them canna tax for consults like the other greedy bastards, donating hardware to parents of sick children while at the same time developing the future of distillation…your right. Someone like you just wouldn’t get it.

If I was such a fucking degenerative owner then wy do I always advance farther than anyone else, if I was so bad then why is my work the core of all coppied glassware. I don’t see counterfeit manufacturers or buyers asking for anyone elses brand or technology to be reproduced . Funny how it’s always mine.

I must’ve that horrible.

6 Likes

When was the last time you donated complete short paths to kids families or organizations to treat severe seizures. When was the last time you got a patent in this field. When was the last time you actually helped someone in this industry instead of just being a wallflower coming in here absorbing info from others you required in your life to sustain your opperation. When was the last time you actually helped someone without asking for something in return in this industry.

Yea that’s what I thought.

Remember I was always kind to the peanut gallery that has something bad to say about me … People usually do me dirty and realize they can’t get something from me anymore and spread lies and rumors bc they have nothing better to do and are scared people will find out the truth from me eventually.

That’s who you look like. Someone attacking me for no reason to shade or hide who you are at heart. There’s only half a dozen real haters, who I treated very well untill they became less than savory to engage in with. Those same half dozen people spread rumors for years bc they can’t get anything from me anymore. Let that sink in. Don’t make yourself look like some useless fuck on here attacking people for no good reason. At least come be my friend, get stuff from me, burn me behind my back, get banned from doing business from me, and then go make up some pathetic story how I’m a horrible business owner.

2 Likes

@spdking @roiplek

You both need to just stop replying to each other. The conversation NEVER goes anywhere positive and you arent interested in making amends so just ignore and move on.

You can turn off a specific users posts if you want and it wil be like they dont exist.

11 Likes

Fixed

4 Likes

It was fixed yesterday and now its unfixed. Its currently inaccurate.

5 Likes

Never, but what’s that got to do with you pushing BS claims?
Let’s be real, the money that allows you to donate stuff obviously came from customers you sold some oversized vac pump system or overpriced still head to, so there’s that.

What i donate here is invaluable scientific knowledge which took decades of studying, lab work and research to accumulate.

Except it does not.

Distilled water requires insane amounts of energy to prepare and hence isn’t competitive with RO and DI, but some industries like big bad pharma still require distilled water for injectables etc. which is a major cost factor.

If you can’t even get simple facts like this straight, one might ask themselves how much authority you could claim on more complicated topics.

RO water does not need to be deionized, minerals do not pass RO membranes. If anything, deionized water would be used as feedstock for an RO system.

laughs in $1000 still head so you mean by some merciful act you gained the right to spread obvious misinformation elsewhere? there’s a wonderful episode of VSauce on YouTube about moral licensing, well worth watching.

what if? still wouldn’t put minerals in distilled water.

Doing so right now by debunking your BS. In fact, if you check out my post history, you’ll see I’ve done mostly that, cleaning up the mess the chiefs and kings of this forum are making. And all of that for free.

I challenged you for spreading BS, which is anything but useless and quite a legitimate reason.

3 Likes

This constant spreading of pseudoscientific snake oil magic fairy fluff is a real, actual threat to everyone in need of reliable information. Who’s gonna challenge those who keep pushing this BS if not me? It’s hard and dirty work, but I’m ok with that - i was practically born with nitrile gloves on :sunglasses:

3 Likes

new prototype summit all-in-one open atmosphere boiling flask/short path, for when the conversation gets too laborious

14 Likes

Come on guys, this doesnt need to end up in the echo chamber…

6 Likes