Need a Consultant to Help make THCa Crystals from Ethanol Crude

Buddy, I know all that. What I want is to make big/clear THCA crystals from ethanol crude, insted from BHO.

2 Likes

Sounds like you’ve got the basics down. Time to call @Photon_noir to get the rest of the way there.

2 Likes

I can probably help you do this if you wanna talk more about your goals and what you want your end product to be? Shoot a DM

2 Likes

Sell what, @Sidco_Cat ? I think I missed a joke somewhere! :sob:

Anyway, @Brazilianchemist , I hope you find the information you need here, or someone who can teach you! :man_teacher:

1 Like

Thank you buddy, I’ll find my way to this tech somehow…

1 Like

Did you happen to read through this recent thread closely, @Brazilianchemist ?

2 Likes

Didn’t Alex say the is a very low yielding method?

This works for me:
Take ethanol crude
Add pentane or butane and pressurize to nucleate
Spin it clean in a centrifuge
Re crash thca powder in pentane and evaporate into nicely faceted thca diamonds

11 Likes

I just leave it at 35C and wait…

Some leave it at -30C and wait…

Seems the key here for Etho rox only is… Wait a while… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That you was the best man for the job and I beat her to the punch giving the info that u was indeed the best one for the Job

2 Likes

Oh! Yeesh, okay, I see it now! Thank you for explaining, @StoneD ! I can be pretty dense for a smartypants, I swear! :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Hey hey, hope all is well. What’s the best way to reach you for some chromatography/thca consulting? I don’t see a DM option, though maybe it’s because this account is new - don’t have my other accounts email anymore and don’t have the password.

Thanks!!

Alot of people have gone down this rabbit hole. Some teks work most of the time but sometimes ur batches are too variable.
Most people who are soing bulk thca are using a hydrocarbon for initial extraction.
If u dont have beefy stainless and proper c1d1 equipments, then butane, propane and pentane are out of the question.
Id recommend starting with heptane inital extraction and take it from there, most people hate heptane for its high boiling point, so u can kiss ur terps goodbye. However if u dial in ur recovery parameters, u can get crude with very little decarboxylation.
The reason i recommend heptane is because for the most part ur sop will be exactly the same as ethanol extraction, only thing u need to double check are ur seal materials. Most ethanol systems are not compatible with heptane, mainly because of the seals used.

6 Likes

Ethanol is painfully slow to recover even with membranes. It was even brought to my attention that ethanol is just acidic enough to cause some decarb and isomerization.

At a certain point theres just to much thc present. I saw biomass recently testing at 6% thc i can only imagine how concentrated that could become

2 Likes

Yep, that’s why you gotta use that hemp testing below 0.3%

3 Likes

THC content shouldnt be an issue if you know how to separate acidic and neutral cannabinoids - granted, its not good to decarb your target compound into something else haha

1 Like

Edit: I’m gonna be real cryptic with it, because I haven’t put it to a test myself—but this might be the way…

7 Likes

Not really

Even at a gpm on a membrane skid youre recovering 7 pounds a minute of ethanol, most people I know arent hitting anything close to that with butane or propane and if they are theyre using a shit ton more power to do it then what a membrane skid takes

The 4080 skid I brought to bizcon 2 years ago did 3 gpm using 4 housings and had another 4 we could have utilized to double the output, all on 10 hp (which is 7355 watts)

The membrane i was using was done by your old partner joel apparently. It was doing 1.5 to 2 gpm recovery but then to get the remainder of the ethanol out to put in a nonpolar was where thing’s really took forever

How does one separate thc and thca if it wont crystallize?

that sounds like a pay a chemist type of question :wink:

4 Likes