Need a closed loop system, Could really use some guidance

This is an analysis of Mystery oil: 8.12 Butane/Propane Mystery oil - GrayWolf's Lair

Here is a link showing content by brand: https://graywolfslair.com/index.php/diy-cannamed-production/9-4-extraction/9-4-9-alkane-extraction/9-4-9-2-propane-butane-extractions/9-4-9-2-6-mystery-oil-content-by-lighter-fuel-brand

Here is how we take it out with a Terpenator:

13 Likes

Lol, that’s what that can tap tool they talk about so much is used for…That really sheds some light on things! Thank you!

So If I’m getting a collection tank I can just use that as my collection, like the yellow tank in the video?

So I’m understanding things…The hot and cold temperature are the key? Meaning if i did the same steps above with no hot water/ dry ice nothing would get distilled out…right?

Really appreciate the info @GroovyOctopusLabs and @Graywolf !!

I haven’t been able to make dabs for a couple months now, and I can see the end to that much sooner than I anticipated, thanks to all of you!

1 Like

The key is heating the collection pot, while chilling the storage tank. The greater the Delta Temperature, the faster it goes. With no difference, there would be no transfer.

6 Likes

You should look into using 70/30 not straight butane. Or isobutane. I say this cause it sucks getting butane fucking balls cold and then having to heat it to get it to run. You’re better off a 70/30 or isobutane because it’ll be able to return back to a usable psi at room temp within a half hour of taking it off dry ice.

… It’s the main reason I’ll never go back to straight tane.

6 Likes

Awesome, thank you. I’m having a little bit of a hard time finding butane canisters other than bvv.

Have a little bit of searching to do in my area and am hoping but most require an id and paperwork. So I’d like to avoid those. I’m truthfully going to order the can-tap tool and do my first couple runs with distilled whip it until I get used to things.

Now that I think about it, I’m going to have to find a place outside where my neighbors really cant see. Lol, open blasting outside was one thing, I feel like this might be a little harder to hide!

3 Likes

Just tell em it’s a bomb

6 Likes

I have some parts from an old open source steel 1-2 lb passive system I want to sell
It’s mostly all there. Text me for a faster response. I can send pics 828-747-9608

2 Likes

Pop up canopies with side panels can be a good privacy solution if it isn’t windy. We used a portable car port frame with tarps when we first started out.

8 Likes

For years I used a pop up harbor frieght tent with the free tarps they give out every month. Enclose 3 sides. Plenty of privacy and protection from the weather. If your working in dirt or grass. I suggest putting down a piece of plywood as it can get muddy in the rain if your in the middle of running.

11 Likes

Sounds like you speak from experience haha… What about when your plywood gets icy… Oh yeah that’s right your in paradise and don’t know ice unless it’s in your cup :joy:

8 Likes

Lol, I can still here my neighbor say “omg honey, what is he doing now?!” While she was in there kitchen window and I had just started to do a run, now I only do runs at night after there lights go out…

Pop up canopies are a great idea! All I’d need is one with a wall and no one would ever see me!

Thank you everyone! Future4200 is an amazing community!

5 Likes

Thank you! I actually ordered a system Friday. Thank you for the offer though!

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Once it gets below 15*f it’s hard to run outside. Hoses start freezing. All the water you spill turns to ice almost immediately. Keeping collection pot warm becomes a real chore. Working in mittens (in the mitten) sucks!

6 Likes

i dont think ive been in weather much below 15F in my whole life… maybe as a young child. But in the last 33 years i cant imagine ive spent more than a hand full of days in single digit weather…

3 Likes

Good idea! Here is the original Mk I under our cannopy.

18 Likes

I tried to do a run on a day it was -15f. I gave up before I started running🤷‍♂️

4 Likes

The Scandinavians have a saying that there is no bad weather, only bad clothing. Just think how much ice you could save at -50C??

11 Likes

If I lived in my So-low I might say the same thing.

1 Like