Need 0.2 micron filtration for CLS

I have clogged several times. Talk about nightmare… Not in awhile though haha. Lately I have been recovering passively under about 30 psi so my collection never vacs down / recovers too far.

3 Likes

My final collection pot is rarely ever under 25-30 psi and only for a very short time at the end of the day. Ill just have to only tun a few first time to see how many it can handle

1 Like

Filtration down to .22 micron is typically used for removing viruses. But it’s only going to remove solid particles, nothing that’s been dissolved in solution.

5 Likes

that will stop some but far from ALL virus.

the all Gnowing one suggests our public enemy #1 is below 0.1um (0.07-0.09um), and others are down in single digit nm range.

200nm (0.2um) should stop mold SPORES.

as noted above, won’t of course stop mycotoxins.

edit: HIV is also around 100nm, so the 0.1um filters mentioned elsewhere are likely to miss at least some…

3 Likes

I think I literally remember someone claiming their .2u from Utah Biodiesel was gonna be able to stop aids

I hope he was still wearing a condom :japanese_ogre: bad joke I know

1 Like

@Dred_pirate referring to .1um?

2 Likes

Correct. 0.1 will technically stop aids from getting through the filters.

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s backwards.

3 Likes

The links in this are no longer working. Anyone have an updated one?

intecusa.com - Closed Loop Extractors, Extraction Equipment. 0.22um Sintered Filter - Chem Tek — Chem Tek

3 Likes

Love it but since I run 2 sets of 4 crc’s, I would need 8 plates. So lookin for a cartridge style, but maybe plates are the move, idk

1 Like

Shoot us an email in the morning. We can definitely help you out.

Sales@illuminatedextractors.com

Spoon: Use google to search manufacturers website explicitly

site:www.gochemtek.com/ sintered

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Awww.gochemtek.com%2F+sintered

It’s the second hit.

You could also just call in @Waxplug1 and give him grief for breaking links, but given how much his offerings have expanded over the last couple of years, congratulating him is probably more appropriate

2 Likes