NCIA Fireside Chat -- Delta 8

So I’m doing a thing. And this is me inviting yall to participate - devil’s advocate - talk about the impact to your company/business. Check out the sign-up link here. You can also watch live on Facebook if you don’t like Zoom.

We’ve got labs, regulators, doctors, and lobbyists. We only have me as a manufacturer.

We’re talking about the shitshow that is the regulatory environment. If things are safe or not. And how to self-regulate BEFORE someone gets really sick and causes an industry wide backlash like the diluents did for vaping. :frowning:

So yeah - if you want to come join our chat, please do.

600x300 - IE20

17 Likes

What is NCIA

1 Like

NCIA - National Cannabis Industry Association

2 Likes

I’ll be tuning into this - thanks very much for sharing

2 Likes

I have to add this since I don’t want to disrupt the flow in the webinar - but - the only reason D8 has a presence in MA is the restrictive nature of the dispos out there and the fact they sell UNTRIMMED CRAP. I’ve had friends literally go ‘well it’s better than waiting in those stupid lines to deal with a budtender that thinks they’re better than you’. I can firmly say this since the majority of my career happened out there and even got offered to work for these dispos who do their best to obscure who REALLY runs things.

Long story short D8 cut through the 5 inch thick red tape MA is bound in.

8 Likes

Awesome job @Cassin so well spoken! Very collected and potent! Thanks for suggesting the watch!! Can’t wait to see what you do moving forward.

3 Likes

Just missed this, has this been recorded at all?

2 Likes

It said it was recorded, interesting conversation. Thanks for sharing.

Bret

3 Likes

Yeah it was recorded. Once I get the finished link I will share it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s a branch of the Central Intelligence Agency run by the @feds

1 Like

how many times did I want to be in the CIA. Sure did make my day you saying that’s what this is. :smiley:

2 Likes

I’d love to see the recording. Are they lobbying for or against D8?

1 Like

We’re lobbying for regulations of D8 and other hemp derivatives so that it doesn’t start getting randomly banned by states, cities, etc.

So probably both for and against? For making sure its safe - but some people think new rules are “against” everything and stuff.

5 Likes

Oh and officially there is no NCIA stance yet. We haven’t put out the white paper yet and we are asking the public and our membership to give us opinions.

I stand that all things should be legal and people should be able to put whatever in their body that they want. And also that all labeling etc must be accurate so when people are putting whatever they want in their bodies they know what it is. So no adulteration, mislabeling, misbranding etc.

4 Likes

The NCIA typically leans toward legislation that favors large, established, multi-state players who will go public when they can bank.

5 Likes

I’ve been a member for almost 8 years. Most of the people I work with from NCIA are from really small companies. From the inside I would say they don’t really like the big players - often for the same reasons we don’t like the big players.

Most of the membership are not multi-state operators. You know? And most of the board is made up of leaders from smaller companies - not all, but most.

I’d say almost all the committees and thought leaders are also from smaller companies and not from huge megaliths or MSOs.

But I’m just the chair of a committee and working hard to get things right with the regulators - so maybe I’ve drank too much kool-aid or something. :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m glad to hear that. I’ve had none of the kool aid and just watch the Instagram. It never hits home for me but you’ve encouraged me to give it another look.

4 Likes

Nothing against the NCIA, it’s the best organization we’ve got. But they do have large backers… when a trade organization doesn’t have that amount of backing you get the MPP (who has zero funding and zero influence). Still better than Who We Are - Coalition for Cannabis Policy, Education, and Regulation, ha.

1 Like

might get some shit for this but oh well open to hearing why I’m wrong, but it’s almost like a front/vehicle for big industry to create a favorable framework for them…

3 Likes

That’s politics my friend. Big companies lobby and lobbying gives them an extreme edge.

2 Likes