Natural mold remediation?

Has anyone heard of this?

https://www.wemakecannabisbetter.com/

Bold claims for what normally takes a microwave.

It says it preserves your terps too. Wonder if it’s a gas they bag with

Chlorine dioxide gas does the trick but you’re taking a chance on losing some potency by oxidizing to CBN

1 Like
  1. Is the name of this company Visit Oregon, We Make Cannabis Better, or Sterileaf?
  2. I must bring up the graphic design of the website. Why?
  3. This website doesn’t even hint at anything. It sounds like inert gas.
3 Likes

Agreed

2 Likes

Except for chlorine dioxide, what other gas do you know of that is approved by the FDA that can do that?

1 Like

sounds like uv light to me…

I mean we all know you can take hydrogen peroxide and peroxyacetic acid mix and fog an area but fog is not gas and it does not penetrate as deep and it will have a higher propensity to oxidize your plant material

UV light will not penetrate everywhere

1 Like

You’ll do much better with ozone than with UV

1 Like

Agreed

The owner said this

Maybe this?

3 Likes

Could be, but idk what they use to get it to penetrate

https:// Sterilization with Nitrogen Dioxide Gas: A New Tool for Designers and Manufacturers - Medical Design Briefs

“The first challenge is the fact that the gaseous sterilant needs to contact all of the device surfaces that require sterilization.”

I would imagine you set up a bunch of spray nozzles throughout the area seal it up as best you can, make sure the room is somewhere around 21-22° c and then saturate the room and wait for a while

1 Like

Or a pressure vessel. Would NO2 disolve trichomes? I would think not. Maybe a good bit of pressure might sterilize?

1 Like

Come to think of it you can run into some real problems with nitrogen oxide reacting with the water in the plant turning it into an acid and screwing everything up for you

1 Like

According to industry paperwork sterilization with NO2 occurs at ambient temperature and pressure (boiling temp 21.15°c) and so pressurizing biomass with it would be counterproductive as it will penetrate into the biomass and surely some of it will turn into acid that will stay in the biomass also very likely oxidize some of the trichomes turning it into CBN.

1 Like

They are pushing nitrogen with a microwave prob.

Can you please expand on that?

I’ve always wondered whether it would be feasible to snag one of those ~80$ X-ray tubes from eBay and build an enclosure. HV power supplies aren’t too expensive, it’s the cancer that’s the expensive part.

1 Like