Name reveal: Find out what makes Spooky so spooky! Putting my resume in the ring for the upcoming year. Portland, OR

Experience throughout the legal Oregon cannabis industry, starting 28DEC16 (Oregons Legalization).

Resume removed:12/2/20

Skills listed on the resume above, and here’s a little about myself as a ‘cover page’:

Former USAF, values still intact, and I still have my soul. Jack of many trades throughout an active intel/infosec career, and have carried over the same work ethic to the cannabis industry through influencing, building, and operating 5 successful farms, 3 retail stores, and a hemp ethanol extraction lab. I excel with attention to detail, rigorous teaching and training, and watching out for and about those around me.

I have a great group of deep friends in the local Portland area that I cannot leave behind, thus I am limited to work in the greater Portland area. We’ve been through warehouse fires, instant changes in regulations, wildfires, vindictive land lords, theft, and more.

Please review my resume for further details regarding duties and descriptions. I’m searching for the right team, in the right place. Time is flexible (relative?). In addition, please feel free to look through my post history here on F4200 to get a feel for my personality and to gauge fit.

V/r,

//SIGNED//

S.D.

16 Likes

Weekly bump, enjoy your week folks!

6 Likes

You’re not connected to the “spooky gardens” that used to grow in Portland are you?

1 Like

Nope, just made it up for this forum since my old username for years (Superponic and nosmoke) really didn’t apply now that I grow mostly in coco/soil and our state legalized a few years ago and officially has smoke.

It’s cool to hear of another local farm, I’ll be on the lookout for their flower so I can look at their soul.

Well unfortunately the guy in charge passed away and i don’t think they exist any more. And even before then they were OMMP only. Which is a crying shame because they grew the best weed of any farm I’ve ever seen.

What’s your farms name and do you sell rec?

2 Likes

I come from Green Planet (3 Dispensaries + 1 Farm), then came Etoh extraction at Freedom Hemp Co (Also worked all aspects of production here as well: Field, irrigation, seeding, cloning, planting, and winter greenhouse ops). METRC, cameras, spreadsheets, sales, packaging, and inventory were done at each job, and labs skills, grow knowledge (mentorship), compliance laws, and positive attitude came along the way for these positions.

Those companies that were just starting are still successful today. Even Bullrun is recovering after all the fire ‘drama and damage’.

Most recently, we got Bullrun Craft Canna. up and running again, starting about a year or so ago. My grower buddies (they won’t say master lol) lifted them, switched them to hand watering and the right soil mix, IPM, and arranged the lights and tables proper, as well as added C02 and table drainage / humidifiers. Each farm they do this: correct a few basic environmental things, fetch the right strains, and hammer the drying and curing process to be hailed as the most important step not to skip.

At Green Planet, we doubled a room best: 148.5lbs vs a previous 73lb high. At Freedom, we kept an entire harvest going through the winter, generating enough clones for 80 acres inside 3 months. At Bullrun, we switched to a perpetual 2 week harvest, lowering manpower and reducing trim overhead by stretching out the schedule. Huge improvement to morale and budget.

It’s nice to work in a tropical climate and not have to take work home. We don’t stress about pesticide testing, or mold results, or if our THC performance was going to be adequate. Good teams, paired with environmental stability = profitability and the potential to feel safe in good hands.

I don’t know any jobs but I’ll keep you in mind. I live in Portland too.

3 Likes

Sorry for the off topic post…tried to message you but I’m guessing you have to make some threads or what not to have messaging privileges…

Saw your pic and thought “hey, I know that guy”:). It’s awesome to see you’re doing well! And still rocking the 2019 bling:). My son still has his on too…says he’s not taking it off until the next one!

Best wishes:)

3 Likes

What a ride, fantastic to know the world is so large, yet so small. Good to see you here, Happy fair!

1 Like

Hey there,

A little constructive advice, your resume lists a specific company you are looking to work for (or as a contractor?) I am a lab director in Portland, and while we are not at then moment looking for a tech, this would be a little odd.
FWIW I recommend you generic-ize that a bit. If we are looking in the new year I will keep you in mind.

best of luck in your job search!

3 Likes

So what I’ve discovered is that I can’t change my post after so many hours. You are absolutely right: there is a glaring series of oddities like this being a resume that was sent to another company, 5 job titles squeezed into working for the same company, etc.

This post taught me nothing in life is erasable without an admin. @Soxhlet : can I ask to have my resume and decoration image removed? I know you’re a mod, but wanted to start with you first before escalating. I’ll make some edits throughout my extraction today and get it back online.

I appreciate you looking out. I am aware nobody is hiring much right now, and that’s OK. There will be a resurgence, and trusted reliable folks will pair up to do great work once again.

2 Likes

Fair family!! nice bracelet! Ill keep my eyes and ears open for portland as well.

I sure could have used a fair this year :frowning:

4 Likes

Everyone is in spin down mode with taxes coming up. After January hiring should pick up. Probably not the best news but at least a glimmer of hope.

Reach out to the admins direct, good guys and helpful.

1 Like

I know right? Fair, gathering, convention… something!

2 Likes

Is the edit good?

1 Like

Perfect. Thank you! I’ll leave my post about the mistakes as a learning relic.

I appreciate the time.

1 Like

I was going through old posts and wanted to update. I found a stellar position as a Sampler for an analytical testing lab earlier this year.

While Future4200 didn’t directly get me the job itself, these forums are definitely responsible for helping me to find the right fit in a great lab.

Big thanks to everyone here who reached out, those that publish their chromotograms, and those who are still doing this for the privilege to help!

5 Likes