N2preserve Mason jar lids for long term flower storage

Does anyone know of a better home solution for storing their home flower long-term?

I’m looking at nitrogen sealing and while I can’t quite afford those cool metal cat food cans, I can afford a small can of food-grade N2 and a handfull of jar lids. (See: n2preserve.com, scroll down a bit to see the products). With Natural Preserve N2 and those Map-tech lids:

Is this effective for longer than a year in anyone’s experience?

*Background: I currently just use amber mason jars sealed after curing (after the burps, etc). I feel like once sealed, they are good for 1-2 years even with O2 present. It’s head stash-grade cannabis and I don’t really find much terpene loss by nose. Just wanted to know if I should up my game. I’d like to see vintage years of cannabis in my stash, whether necessary or not.

Gamma buckets with the screw top lids and then nust put a valve on it and fill with nitro. Ive seen barrels of deps sealed that way last for long enough they were forgotten about and still good once dug up

3 Likes

A nice deal on Argon for wine preservation if you’ ve an adapter for filling a jar.

https://www.vaingia.com/products/coravin-argon-capsules-patented-cap-seal-technology-6-pack?variant=33965866090555

2 Likes

Both of those are totally new to me. Thank y’all for the enlightenment, I’ll read up. We used to use Argon for server fire suppression. Never thought it’d come up again.

1 Like

Argon will be better than nitrogen for this application

3 Likes

You could use mason jars, introduce degassed material, flush the head space with argon, and further place jar in vac seal bags. And store at low temp. If vac seal bags further swell with time, this would indicate that your material is still degassing, and jars are under slight pressure. At this point you may want to redegass the jar and reseal.

6 Likes