Myth or Truth.?

Been wondering if anyone has heard a rumor or have been told something about extraction along the way that by now you still can’t find out if it’s myth or Truth to what you’ve been told.

The thing I was told was confectionary ovens with fans that were explosion proof were used for purging before vacuum ovens

Move the thread if you want

I can’t understand what you are saying.

What’s qlng?

3 Likes

Convection ovens?

3 Likes

That rso with naphtha kills cancer?

12 Likes

Made using naphtha? or containing naphtha?

Because naphtha is just common speak for 5-6 (7?) carbon skeleton hydrocarbon fractions.

There is plenty of evidence and information available concerning the effect of those compounds on biology (pentane, hexane, heptane) and I don’t think any of them are going to be helpful in treating cancer.

So, I am guessing that you’re referring to something you’ve heard about naphtha range hydrocarbon extraction having something special? that C3-C4 hydrocarbon or EtOH/MeOH/IPA extracts don’t pull?

Is that the jist of what you’ve heard?

1 Like

rick simpson oil was/is claimed to cure cancer. Referring to crude extract made with naptha.

Sometimes referred to as the only one that would work compared to other methods of extraction

wook science

3 Likes

Lots of wishful thinking from the home brew RSO brigade so take it with a grain of salt.
A good full spectrum extract with any solvent should be as good or better as RSO - naptha was just easily available DIY/ghetto hydrocarbon

2 Likes

I think pentane or heptane feco (not bitch Simpson oil) would make better feco than ethanol, provided the person wasn’t an idiot in recovering the hydrocarbonz.
Etch pulls lots of undesirables. And it tastes worse, unless you distill it
But it absolutely kills THC( the oil, not the solvent used). If you think it doesn’t then I assume you’re smoking something else

1 Like

Rick himself said that, but he’s a bitch
Someone else:
“It’s a carcinogen”
Rick:
“Yeah, but weed kills cancer so it should be okay”

3 Likes

I thought you wanted to pull more because everything that the plant has to offer is what makes the magic happen…

You eat it raw? Why wouldn’t you fill 00 capsules?

What I think is that from what I can tell Methanol, is the end all for extraction of cannabinoids. It’s the most effective for lsa and the most effective for psilocybin… Methanol is just the psychedelic’s extraction juice…

BUT if someone went the Methanol route they’d have to dissolve it in ethanol after or like… get whatever they make tested to make sure they aren’t killing people. but yeah… who cares about killing people when RSO originally used Naptha, RIGHT!!! sarcasm

Thats just wook :))

I always thought rso was originally made with isopropyl, and to answer the first question yes we used normal ovens instead of vac ovens, it was more like a food dehydrator where the fan pulls fresh air and the solvents vented out the sides they where set up in pallet shack’s so ventilation wasn’t a problem. The first big oven I ever seen was a 4 door Chrysler Cordoba with the interior gutted and freezer racks inside we kept the T tops cracked to vent and had holes in the floorboards it was a community dehydrator so you would see trays of hash sitting next to tomatoes and bananas. not real safe but wouldn’t trade the experience for all the vac ovens in the world.

3 Likes

If’n it’s cancer you’re tryin’ to cure, y’all might want friedilin and epifriedelanol. Them there root terps is what you’re after.

All kidding aside, there’s an interesting research paper where they get friedilin from bamboo. Some cannabis roots have them too. 92284-Article Text-234412-1-10-20130814.pdf (122.3 KB)
We just started offering testing for friedilin and epifriedelanol a few months ago.

Here’s a link to the other threads content discussing RSO 2.0: Cannabis Home Sciences - RSO 2.0 2021 Documentation

2 Likes

Why would you need ethanol? Also why would methanol be the end all be all?

1 Like

I’m thinking the etoh is added to ensure all meoh is fully purged, with any residuals left being only etoh due to its higher boiling point. At least that’s the theory.

4 Likes

You could allways use the lil drop of water trick they promoted back in 2007… Purge out all of your solvent, water and most of the good stuff:)

Edited the could*

1 Like

This!

1 Like

That process is referred to as solvent exchange

3 Likes