Mystery stuff on HTE

Anyone care to speculate what this may be on top of my HTE? Poured right from the fuge tubes to a mason jar, now I see this forming on top

I believe my fuge is on its way out, had to spin for 24hr this time. I’m worried the terps could’ve eaten into the tube plastic

Mysterious residuals in solvent

Shit I’m sure you’re right. Wonder if I could pull it off the top with a qtip or something

Had you used the fuge tubes before? If not. possibly some sort of lubricant In them? Just spitballing here…

These were fresh ones actually

2 Likes

I’m leaning towards lube of some sort since they are freshies

4 Likes

it kind of looks like water to me. but its hard to tell from a pic. i dont see the sheen or rainbow from a solvent or lube

1 Like

Water is heavier, it would be on the bottom not the top… Unless you just took it out the fridge and it’s water condensation that is not breaking the surface tension and is laying on top of everything

2 Likes

Thca?

Certainly looks more crystalline than liquid (think ice flow rather than oil slick)

You did cool slightly after leaving the fuge…

Should go to the bottom when you spin it without a filter if it’s actually a solid. From there you might be able to decant and get enough for testing…

4 Likes

Did you do a secondary crash of the hte to make sure all.the thca was crashed out…inpour off my hte into a 4oz Mason jar let couple.stonea fall.in the reseal it for.week to see if the stones get bigger and the liquid hte gets thinner

2 Likes

Kekeke definitely the toughest experience you will learn from this grave

What’s this mean my curiosity getting me

3 Likes

i see similar patterns in super-thin top layers on top of ethanol/crude solutions when lipids are present. i realize this is not that type of solution but, lipids perhaps?

2 Likes

I’m thinking you basically cooked the HTE. You mentioned spinning for 24 hours…. That’s a lot of heat exposure

1 Like

I’m thinking it could be microcrystalline cellulose.

I think it’s like a weeb internet laugh thing

5 Likes

Silicon oil maybe