Mystery Concentrate / distillate diluent / Liquidizer Comparisons

Below, I’ve listed the most prominent distributors or manufacturers (ofter hard to tell which), that are selling “liquidizers” or “diluitants” that are very similar to each other.

Please know that this is not about e-liquid or vape juice products that contains water-based compounds like VG, PG and/or PEGxxx.

My questions are:

• What are the ingredients? Not the company’s IP, regarding methods and recipes.
  • Is this a product that is produced by a single manufactured and co-packaged, and then rebranded and labeled for distributors or venders?

True Terpenes
“It does not contain PG, VG, PEG, MCT, Coconut oil, or any other non-organic ingredients.
NOT to be used with CBD products”

FloraPlex
It’s a proprietary terpene blend that is flavorless and odorless. And as far as we know, our new 100% natural technology is unlike anything that has been created and released thus far by any of our competitors. We tried to make a product to solve all problems, like CBD crystallization and cloudiness, bad taste, terpene insolubility, flavoring insolubility, muting of flavor/aroma due to use of a diluent, reasonable pricing, etc.

Terpenes Foundry
Terp Cut

100% Organic Terpenes
Flavorless
Odorless
Increase clarity
Adjust viscosity
Standardize oil content
No PG, VG, PEG, MCT or Coconut Oil
Terp Cut is not for use with CBD Isolates.

Connoisseur Concentrates (Mr. Extractor)
The Solution (Liquidizer, available in Flavorless, and many strain-specific profiles.

“The Solution offers several options that make use of zero PG, VG, PEG, or synthetic flavorings of any kind. Instead, these blends are derived from the various botanical sources they are named after such as Grapefruit, Lime, and Tangerine. Although slightly more subtle in flavoring, these natural terpene blends offer the perfect balance of aromatics and flavor.”

Holy Terp
“With Pure you can liquefy and emulsify your concentrates without having to dilute your concentrate too much. Can be used as an additive or as-is with your extract or concentrate without ever worrying about separation. “Pure” features a hint of everything, this allows the product to fully vivify your extract in what it’s missing.

• All Plant Derived
  • No Glycol
  • No PEG
  • No Glycerin

Is there anyone interested in an investigation such as this?

4 Likes

This should be interesting. Hopefully a certain “chemists” doesn’t get the hots for you because you made this thread. This would be a good idea to add the other companies advertising on the forum. We can come together as a community and all pitch in to get the products tested. It’s a win win for everyone.

3 Likes

I wonder if the proprietary odor/flavour/colourless terpen blend that many companies claim to use in their thinning agents is something like this:

Dimal H - Hydrogenated monoterpene dimermixture Colorless viscous clear liquid Odorless, tasteless bp.300-350℃ fp.178℃

Patent No: JP2001329111A

Mixed with TEC would make a thinning agent that fits this group of products that are not VG/PG/PEG/MCT based.

This is a consumer-oriented thread. Technical analysis is obviously needed from those educated in chemistry, or otherwise knowledgeable chemists. This doesn’t have to become yet another pissing contest. And become about who’s swing bigger pipe, or a imposter. Simply, some friendly research to help consumers understand the important issues when choosing from these products, allowing them to make informed decisions, and know the risks involved.

2 Likes

Additions:

Note: Both of the following distributors seem to be associated to a larger company, Gladiator Terpenes.

Terpene Foundry
Terp Cut & Terp Cut Pro

The Terpene Store
LIQUIFY PRO Flavorless Terpene Blend

I’ve ordered current products from:

Connoisseur Concentrates

• Flavorless

Terpenes Foundry

• Terp Cut (They have “Terp Cut Pro,” and I have a request in to them to divulge the two products’ differences.)

Holy Terp

• Flavorless

FloraPlex

• Terpene Diluent

Mass Terpenes

• LIQUEFY

I will test them empirically, using a variety of concentrates. Mostly shatter and live resin sauce.

1 Like

In more closely investigating Mass Terpenes, they have their “LIQUIFY” product, which is evidently using a “proprietary blend” (whatever that means to the consumer…) of coconut oit. So, their LIQUIFY PRO is the product that belongs in this list.

MassTerpenes has a new product on the horizon: “serVm.” Probably, replacing LIQUIFY PRO (?). The product description goes further than others by liquidizing non-winterized extracts.

So, the waxes and lipids that winterization removes, are liquidized as well? If true, I’m not sure it’s such a good thing to be vaping wax material…

I’ve got confirmation from a few big cart makers now that they use HBNO alpha bisabolol as a diluent. Might add it to the list.

2 Likes

You could be onto something. In the description, it’s said to have a “subtle floral scent.” It may be a “tell,” anyway…when analyzing these end products.

Rather just “LIQUIFY.” There’s a new one for the list “The Terpene Store.” Could be a rebranded outlet for MassConcentrates–don’t know. But they have a water-friendly product named “LIQUIFY” and a oil-friendly product named “LIQUIFY PRO.”

This usage of all caps “LIQUIFY” is, or may be the kind of clue, that I hope we find more of, that could begin to define a network of suppliers, origins and the like.

Floraplex has a thinner diluent and a thickener diluent both ingredient lists are posted on here I believe their thickener is bisabolol based

2 Likes

Mr. Extractor/Connoisseur Concentrates is also offering a new, similar product line, a distillate thickener (“stabilizer”) and a CBD-infused thickener and a “e-juice” stabilizer. As they say: “Welcome to the next level of extract manipulation. Patent Pending.”

I digress, however, because these new products from CC are not the subject of this thread (and I’m sure there are a whole new set of discoveries ahead with them, since their ingredients are, again, unpublished). BTW, CC’s “The Solution” is I think, phasing out the name “The Solution.” All their terpene products are flavored cutting agents, and The Solution. They also have a Flavorless version.

So far, we have:
True Terpenes, Viscosity
FloraPlex, “Terpene Diluent”
Terpenes Foundry, “Terp Cut”
Connoisseur Concentrates (Mr. Extractor), Flavored cutting compounds.
Holy Terp, “Flavorless”
Terpene Foundry, “Terp Cut” & “Terp Cut Pro”
The Terpene Store, “LIQUIFY PRO”
Mass Terpenes, “LIQUIFY”

And we have information on “HBNO alpha bisabolol” being a popular cutting compound among large vape cartridge companies. HBNO seems to be the company name? And they are mainly in the retail essential oil business. Unless, I’m looking at the wrong company info…

Any others? Or more ingredient information?

2 Likes

attached a GCMS report for a random lot of Alpha Bisabolol from HBNO, i dont think this stuff is food grade.Report_Alpha Bisabolol (Shipment) Lot 181040869.pdf (764.6 KB)

2 Likes

Interesting data collection so far. Should be getting close to some test results somewhere I’m hoping?

@BG305 I hope you didn’t mean me? I think fairly highly of you and would be awfully bummed out to find you thought I was jumping people. I thinking/hoping you’re talking about our newest ‘chemists’ member.

1 Like

I got the Floraplex diluent deformulated. It contains squalane and something else they weren’t sure of.

2 Likes

Correct my bro that’s why it was plural. :100: I think the same my G. :facepunch:

3 Likes

I recently bought Hemp CuTT from mrterps and this stuff worked amazing. I first bought the regular version and it was thinner then my liking so i bought the EX and it is super thick. no flavor no odor at all … i actually contact the company and they were really helpful and explained the method they reccomend is to use a small amount of the regular to liquidiz the extract and to add terps into this mix. then to use the ex version to thicken to your liking… works amazing … anyone else tried this yet …

I’m just more or less interested in what that Clear Cut Stabilizer is. It honestly is a nice way extend your distillate if you’re going for personal use.

That is my understanding also. I make my own 3:1 CBD/thc carts. I’ve talked with them in length and I use the CBD stabilizer. Works super well, the only purpose (from my understanding) is to stretch out your oils or “cut” them. I like it because it helps to stabilize the CBD and avoid crystallization. I’m VERY new to this, but will follow the thread.