My love for building extractors (diy)

1/2” in middle

1 Like

Does the cross flow heat exchanger chill the vapor before the tube and shell? This build is epic.

3 Likes

Yes it does, and heats the incoming going into collection pots

3 Likes

Genius! Is it a custom fabricated spool?

1 Like

I had a welder weld the 1” tubing on top of the cooling coil lid. Other than that, I just used 2 reducers (6” x 8”), a 36” long 8” spool, and the bottom is a 6” cap with 1.5” reducer. Real simple.

2 Likes

Here’s my dyi… it started out as BVV closed cilium 2inch…now there’s nothing left of it

Then upgraded to killa special 3" 1lb rig. It kept growing and growing…now I can run 11lbs solvent in tiny tank that recover fast as fuck and I rack mounted it bc crc made it extra heavy. I have 3x36 open jacket thanks to awesome member here…maybe one day I’ll get bigger honey pot and 1 tank instead 2 small ones

It’s bvv,oss,qsp(killa) morphed rig built what we could esp the stand

It’s a baby but will let you know what your working w when just tickled right

I and I have everything to go 3/8" on my recovery side I just need to do it

**If something goes wrong with my rig I don’t call someone to fix it, I fix it myself"

9 Likes

Last day of install. I’m trying to set up to record a video when I do my day of consult. They don’t have the right chiller for it, but I can at least show how it functions.

15 Likes

Beautiful work.

3 Likes

@FicklePickle if you’re in town after the class, Alien House said they wouldn’t mind a few of y’all to come by and check it out.

6 Likes

I’m going to the Sunday class, are you available Saturday?

4 Likes

Yes, I am. Give me a shout when you get in.

2 Likes

This started out as a BVV Apollo, and then it got slightly out of hand

9 Likes

Are those server racks? What size, need to do this with my BVV.

Welded em myself out of some 1x2" square tube

Life is so much easier now

2 Likes

Love the set up, hate the vacuum pump on the floor

5 Likes

Thank you sir. If it makes it any better, the system isn’t operating in the pic. Just like to keep it under vac when. Not in use

I like to keep it on top of that fan when tane starts flowing (should probably get a venturi)

1 Like

Even when vaccing out I like to have my pump elevated just incase any gas leaked and pooled.

2 Likes

I know someone who ignited a room from shutting his vacuum pump off. I’m a little sensitive on the subject

7 Likes

I just want to say that I had the great pleasure to see this extractor in person, and let me tell you it is 10 times better than what the picture show it. For people like us it is a piece of art and beauty.

Let me tell you, hard pipes are where it’s at.

8 Likes

Dope bro! Thanks for coming out. Next month, get some rest before we parley. :call_me_hand:t2:

8 Likes