My love for building extractors (diy)

Can’t wait to see it man.

2 Likes

7 Likes

It’s gonna be awesome

5 Likes

I’m sure these valves will work just fine.

But Valworx customer service are some really pieces of sh**. Paid $160 for overnight shipping on Thursday night. They finally came in Tuesday afternoon. Not only am I out on my man hours, but they won’t even reimburse me for the shipping that was hella late.

5 Likes

Is that some automatic valve turning stuff in the brochure?

1 Like

Rack and pinion air actuators. We used valworx a lot. Their actuators are great, their valves are shit especially at low temperatures. We used to machine adapters to go from their actuators onto swagelok ball valves

8 Likes

Good lawd

Probably the only time I’ve ever won when it comes to shipping. Shopbvv made a mistake and sent me an extra 8 tuf steel gaskets. :flushed:

17 Likes

Fucking insane. Those things are like gold. Lol
They sent me 4 free six inch clamps once…

2 Likes

Now that’s a proper drink!!! Tastes like cream in Ireland👌

How much does a set up like this set the bank back?

Riggt. Bvv sent me a couple 3/8 braided hoses and they weren’t even on my order lol

1 Like

who can make this for me… need it to be able to fit inside a 3 or 4" x 36" spool. preferably 316L SS.
Thank you.

3 Likes

You might try these guys:

It also probably wouldn’t hurt to call up Duda and see if they can get something, it’d be a lot cheaper than custom probably. Also, do you have a preferred wall thickness?

4 Likes

Yes, .049”. And thank you.

even in a 4" tube it seems like you’re going to run into a min radius issue in 1/2", and probably 3/8".

least that’s what I recall with the last set of coils I had built. I had trouble finding someone willing to get a 1/2" coil below 6" (to fit through a 6" ferule).

edit: looks like you can probably buy it solved.

Standard draw bend radius is 2 x D

What that means is that if you have a tube OD (outside diameter) of 20 mm then the bend radius to choose, if you can, is 40 mm. It is possible to have a tighter bend radius, even as low as ½ x D, although anything below 2 x D will usually require costly tooling and probably mandrel bending.

Call Calvin at bizzybee and see what he can do? They have someone who can do it, or they do. Probably have someone

2 Likes

These guys might be able to do something for you. (They will do custom if you ask)

https://www.stainlessbrewing.com/10-Coil-with-2-vertical-bends-50-x-12-x-035-OD-Tubing-304304L-HERMSFermentor-coil-_p_244.html

2 Likes

Yeah they use different equipment for coils than draw benders for regular bends. It’s basically an attachment that goes on a lathe tool lost and guides the tube onto a bar. It would also be a lot easier to get a coil to fit if it only needs to be single wound. There was a company that we used to use in CT called GMP Piping that I think had equipment to make coils like that, not sure if they’re still around TBH. Here are a couple random Google results (none of them are exactly what you’re looking for):

2 Likes

Aaaannnnddd. They have an lc02 cold finger that would fit in a column, if you are using it for cold. And if lc02 would work for the application