My jars get a red ring and my cartridges get darker

Hello I wanted to take some time to pick yalls brain. When you have time would you mind answering some questions I have to your best knowledge of course. I understand that you can only give me you best opinion since your not here with me during a run. But I am having an issue with my distillation in the very end, it will sit and it acquires this red ring around the top, I’ve heard it capped the ring of death by some and I am having this issue with the cartridges my partner is making with the distillation I make, the cartridges start out a very nice light good color when they are freshly made but after a week they start to darken the first couple batches would darken a very red dark color, but recent batches darken from the light gold to a darker gold, I have been distilling the batches at a 6-7 ph and at 180-185c boiling point with a micron level of 50-60 each time lately, I decarb at 120-140 till no more bubbles, I dont allow for any volatiles to mix with the distillation

Your distillate is oxidizing it s very comon
Trick is to store under vacuum
With cartridges this would mean an aditional container for storage
In bottles and jars filling them to the absolute rim and capping them with not a bublle of air inside also works
In the tricks of the trade tread several members have come up with some niffty tools to take care of this

1 Like

It’s only my distillation that is ha ing this problem a friend of mine makes distillation and his never gets the red ring and the cartridges we make from his distillation never darkens after a week. So after many trial experiments we have figured out that it’s the distillation I am making, there is something in the distillation that is causing this darkening of the cartridges to happen

Well i haven t figured it out yet
I make them both but still don t know why some do and some batches don t get the red ring of death

1 Like

I dont really care about the ring it’s the dam cartridges darkening after a week, its costed me so much business amd money that I’m almost bankrupt cause of it

Maybe post some pics and more info on your process. I don’t have an answer, but I’ve found being detailed to be more helpful. You using bleaching clays?

Check these out

1 Like