My Arometrix Extraction Finder doesn't see 10mg/ml CBD isolate in Heptane

What colors you programming for :sweat_smile:

Our patented white light sensor is the one you want. It is specifically designed for use with glass. We were well aware of the problem of glass not transmitting UV at the time of our sensors conception.

Able to see terpenes, heads, body, and tails the moment it transitions. Can be used to look for azulene and other colored molecules - which no pair of molecules are perfectly identical in absorbance spectra.

US#10758839 - Separation of distillation products using color sensing.

6 Likes

EXCELLENT, @Lincoln20XX ! Thank you for acquiring and publishing this empirical account of phyto-pigment fluorescence!

I see @AlexSiegel is the 2nd responder here, already! Here’s your cannabiverification data, my man! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Ngl these arometrix reports make me recognize a lot of openings in tech advances. It’s really appreciated.

3 Likes

B/R is claiming pretty impressive things about their NIR technology.

It’s also an order of magnitude more expensive than the Arometrix.

I wonder… what does @AlexSiegel think about this?

4 Likes

I wanna be mad at whoever did their website mobile shrink to fit imagery

3 Likes

What the price?

With all of the instant results tests we have to take them with a grain of salt.

I wouldn’t pay anything for any of these sensors without calibration videos showing results with isolated compounds. That is where some of the other companies have failed

4 Likes

$70,000 each.

4 Likes

Jesus 70k?

I’m really interested in @AlexSiegel white light meter

Thing really looks dope

4 Likes

Has @arometrix responded to you about this yet? They certainly saw the post so I can only hope they’re either troubleshooting with you privately or doing their own in house confirmation of the issue. 2 weeks of radio silence is a long time

3 Likes

Curious too I was
Considering the ultra sensor at some point but now I’m wondering what’s up…

2 Likes

@SidViscous @The_Lone_Stiller we may have a public discussion forming through @Sidco_Cat with @arometrix, @Photon_noir, and myself. We discussed doing this a few weeks ago and I got busy the past few weeks but maybe the offer still stands.

7 Likes

This is why I tell anyone who will listen that the certified Arometrix sensors are a great deal if you know how to use them and buy them with the right intention.

There are flow cells (pipe where liquid flows past a sensor) where the high pressure rated steel/glass alone costs $5000. That doesn’t include any rated electronics or anything.

7 Likes

Certified? Are there fakes about @AlexSiegel?

Certified meaning c1d1 or c1d2 compliant

3 Likes

Duhhh wow sometimes I’m special. Thanks for the clarification

1 Like

Neither privately nor publicly. Last time I heard from them was before I started this thread. No troubleshooting to be had.

5 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Theres a reason why reputable companies wouldn’t sell it. Someone’s about to get slapped with paperwork for news they heard well over 2 years ago but still decided to sell a scam.

US Patent for Automatic distillation apparatus Patent (Patent # 4,528,635 issued July 9, 1985) - Justia Patents Search most patents relating to IR detection have it at 3 points - the “mother liquor” being boiled the vapor and the distillate. Shit skim thru that patent and you will realize how much more complex this is. This patent even states that the first drop of distillate is beyond innacurate and they actually added solenoid valves to adjust WHERE it dripped(adjusting its angle a few degrees) after the first drop for it to properly read on the sensor. There so many paragraphs i can link that will make you question what is out/coming out. This is not a simple process, if you take the time to skim thru the patent linked and than look at arometrixs’… well make that determination for yourself…

First, I’d like to say that I appreciate all the robust dialogue that this thread, and the Future4200 forum in general, has created. And thank you to Lincoln for starting this interesting conversation, and thanks to Alex and the rest of the community for pitching in their thoughts. We don’t always comment on posts about the Extraction Finder or Fraction Finder, but we’ve been asked to comment here.

Just to be clear: our technology is far from perfect. It is a system designed and validated for specific use cases in Cannabis processing… such as determining Heads - Main Bodies - Tails for flask transfers during short path distillation… and determining saturation point (wash completion) during ethanol extraction… to name a couple. While it is the most useful product of its type that is currently available, our work refining it is far from over. The idea for the Extraction Finder product specifically was first conceived through a client’s request, with the specific goal of monitoring Chlorophyll levels during ethanol extraction. When further developed, the product has been made useful for other types of extractions, as well. The intentions behind the Extraction Finder were centered around helping extractors capture data that wasn’t previously accessible for process optimization.

Just a few technical points about the trials:

• The current sensor requires a minimum fluid fill level: at least 1/8 of the tube near the sensor. And as @thesk8nmidget and @darrenjaydirect pointed out, filling the tube completely is most ideal. This is likely why the liquid being poured into the sensor did not indicate anything - the fill level wasn’t sufficient, because of the viscosity and angle of the sensor. What we do in our work to mitigate this fill level limitation is to fill the sensor completely with the target material as a baseline to establish the best-case scenario, then look at what the fill level does to the signal.
  • The sensor is not very useful with anything fully opaque (non-transparent). That is why the rag didn’t work… you probably saw fluorescence of detergent or dye, but nothing that useful for processing, I suppose.
  • When looking at other botanical extracts like “grass”, one could expect to see fluorescence due to the very nature of fluorescent molecules, some of which may appear in our CBD Indicator’s 450-490nm range. Our assumption, however, is that our clients are not using the tech while extracting lawn biomass.
  • We started the Fraction Finder first with optimal wavelength selection in the lab using customer distillate samples, a monochromator, and a boatload of optical equipment and analysis. Then, with our prototype, we started tracking empirical results following expert distillers. We saw what the distillers did, when they changed flasks, observed the fluorescence at those points, and after several tests, we realized trends that could be replicated by others. At this point, we knew we had conceived a process monitoring system. Later on, in our peer-reviewed paper that was published in Cannabis Science and Technology then presented at the Cannabis Science Conference, we demonstrated isolated samples of cannabinoids and signal (wavelength peaks) on the system. Since then, we’ve referred to our products as cannabinoid indicator devices or molecular monitoring systems. In the spring of 2021, after more customer work, product improvement, and trial and error, we again purchased CBD, D9, CBDA, and THCA analytical standards from MilliporeSigma and were again able to detect significant signals from each, once again validating our initial research. We posted this data in our “Fraction Finder Findings” Instagram group chat.

It has always been the case at Arometrix that our customers are the experts on how to best use our tech in order to optimize their specific processes and tackle the problem that they are trying to solve, whether it be potency, time-saving, etc. We listen hard and work hard to continuously improve our systems’ usefulness, and we will continue to make customer-led decisions and work with clients to research and test out the tech for various new applications, but there are tons more left to explore.

If you aren’t getting everything out of your Arometrix gear that you’d like, I encourage you to talk to us. I’ve included my contact info so that I can personally make sure you get the answers you need.

Lincoln and I are playing email tag, but we’ll catch up soon and he’ll come up with something great that we will work on, and probably discover something new.

Thanks for reading,

Tim Collins
Co-Founder and CEO of Arometrix
(240) 492-6556 x 5
tim.collins@arometrix.com

11 Likes