My adventure to IHAM.

Not during a traffic stop

Did you read anything I’ve posted?

Here read this ONCE AGAIN

This is the supreme court btw idk how you can argue with them

I guess you don’t know how cops work.

1 Like

Lmao okay are you a lawyer? Because my lawyers say different and that you’re wrong

I’ve only beaten several searches like this but wtf do I know :thinking:

How did west coast cure win then?

Here is cop training material on the matter if you want to read it.

I’m telling you the standard the police use to determine if they can stop and search you. It doesn’t matter what your lawyer thinks. It’s about what the cop thinks and does.

3 Likes

You can be “pat down” if they have reasonable suspicion that you are armed and dangerous, they cannot search you though. It even says it in there. They need probable cause to search you it even says that

Just because a cop does something doesn’t make it legal lmao

Perfect example west coast cure

Quote:

If police additionally have reasonable suspicion that a person so detained is armed and dangerous, they may “frisk” the person for weapons, but not for contraband like drugs. However, if the police develop probable cause during a weapons frisk (by feeling something that could be a weapon or contraband, for example), they can then search you.

Btw reasonable suspicion has to do with people they think are involved in a crime

This has nothing to do with a traffic stop unless they stopped you because they think youre doing something illegal

This is why you ALWAYS ask the police officer why he pulled you over

Did she tell you this was the reason for pulling you over?

Because then reasonable suspicion does not apply

Yes… The exact reason why.

She gave me a written warning and then after that decided to search my vehicle when I mentioned the hemp conference

I wondered if she made the K9 give off a false alert.

I wasn’t carrying anything at all. It was a rent a car.

After that they stuck me in the back of the patrol car while they went to town on the car.

I felt like she took it personal when I said she couldnt search the car

2 Likes

They do, and I’m sure she did. You have to use social engineering with these dudes.

3 Likes

Sometimes refusing to say anything will cause even more suspicion. Lying to the feds is one thing, but it’s not illegal to lie to LE who are not feds. I always have an alibi ready if I’m doing anything that has to do with cannabis, even if I’m completely legal. It’s not worth the hassle to argue with some ignorant arrogant cop that it’s legal hemp. Best to just say you’re on your way to a friend’s funeral. Worst case, they find out you’re lying and fuck up your day. But they were likely to fuck up your day anyway if you told he truth. No matter how polite they might come off, they’re never your friend and will try to fuck you up if they think they have a reason to. :man_shrugging:t3:

This kind of shit is why I keep it as vague as possible when re-entering the country. Customs always asks me what my occupation is for some reason. Can’t legally lie to them, so I just keep it vague and boring, never mentioning cannabis.

7 Likes

Wrong!!! It is illegal to lie to law enforcement. Just shut the fuck up and you’ll likely be on your way in a traffic stop. If you have to say “i dont feel like chatting officer. Am i free to go?”

1 Like

If you read the first post I made above about rodriguez vs United States it says an officer cannot prolong a traffic stop for a k9 search without probable cause. I’m sure the whole ticket thing took more then 8 minutes.

Hemp 100% is not probable cause because its federally legal.

It was an illegal search straight up.

This is the ruling that set the 8 minute precedent

If you STFU they cant establish probable cause

Unless you have drugs out or something dumb like that

2 Likes

The problem here isn’t with the law; the law is in pretty good shape in the US. The problem is with law enforcement, which is in decidedly direr condition. If you’re pulled over, you are often at the mercy of a poorly-educated, frightened person who, among other things, thought at one time that it might be fun to be a cop. I’m a lawyer; I have to deal with these people on occasion, and they can be exceedingly arrogant. When you’re staring down the barrel of that kind of self-righteousness, there are times that you need to ask yourself not “what are my rights” but “what can I reasonably do to get out of here”. The unfortunate truth is that our beloved constitution, and people who understand it, are not there in the back of that squad car with you. It can be expensive to be right.

8 Likes

I don’t see any of the Bible states changing their demeanor. They will always hate this happening. Less money will be circulated in the corrupted judicial branch. One day they will get with a lawsuit for seizing a hemp transpo and they will realize

@Kingofthekush420 it’s the Wild West out here lol we’re talking about two different playing fields. it’s people vs people on the west coast. Everything east its people vs cops. Your rights are non existent bc it can smell like weed in that vechile real quick. Its As easy as them saying you need to come down to the office about this previous moving violation even if you never had one. They now have to make sure all valuable goods are accounted for Bc your whip is about to get towed. You get to the station They made an accident when typing the name. They aren’t going to give your goods back and if you don’t have the right linked in lawyer than you’re about to get hit hard. In Louisiana you can have one gram in two bags. You will be charged possession with intent. Here is the kicker in LA if it has a cannabis tax stamp it’s legal. The only people who has this stamp is in the court house :joy:

My whole point to this is if you actually know your rights cops cant fuck with you

I got pulled over in Utah which is way worse then any east coast state

I avoided being searched even though they found an eatable bag because I know my rights.

Like I’ve been saying if you STFU and dont incriminate yourself they cant find probable cause.

Remember ignorance of the law is no excuse

For us or for cops

The STFU script works in any state

Yea a cop can still falsely arrest you and charge you

As long as you don’t incriminate yourself you can get it thrown out with a good lawyer is the point.

Cops uphold and break the law as they see fit. In this day and age its “your guilty, now proove your innocent”.

2 Likes

Worse part it judges believe and protect them more than us :sob:

4 Likes

You’re only guilty if you dont know your rights and you let them manipulate you

Cant find probable cause if you dont incriminate yourself

Perfect example is above.

If he would have STFU and used the script he would have had a legal stance for defense

Okay they haul you off to jail for an illegal search

You get a lawyer, beat the case, sue for lawywr cost and distress.

You’ll win.

In the end it costs you a ride to the jail and some time in court, if a cops going to take you to jail you’re not going to change that. If you stfu you’ll have a legal defense though

I assert my rights with police all the time

And I’m a 3x marijuana felon :thinking:

I think you guys are just scared to actually assert your rights

A cop doesnt decide your guilt a judge does

The cop said they could tell they had a bunch of weed on them because of the smell

Not sure how you can tell quantities of weed based on smell :thinking: