MVP150 or the GC 5000

Looking for some field notes on the MVP 150 from BHOGART or the GC 5000 from Precision Extraction Solutions.

We process approximately 200 lbs a day and we’re running 2 Haskels, a CMEP (that’s down again), A yellow jacket because reasons. Our air is coming off a 10 hp Rotary Screw Compressor.

Any reccomendations would be great!

2 Likes

what solvent or blend do you use?

Butane only.

I would go with the MVP150. I’ve used MVPs extensively and I really like them. The primary reason is that they are very easy to disassemble and perform maintenance on yourself.

2 Likes

GC5000, they are work horses, you’ll never have a problem. If you do, call me. We’ll get you sorted.

5 Likes

You in California?

How are your recovery times with the mvp? Anywhere close to 1lb/min like advertised?

1 Like

An MVP by my estimations are about 3 CMEP pumps. Took our recovery from about 45 minutes to about 15 minutes.

2 Likes

At or above that number with the original version, not the 150. 150 should do even better.

2 Likes

Ive been running a CMEP for about a year, fixing and maintaining it myself. If youre in Cali and cover my travel (Im in mendocino county) I could help you out in person or MSG me. I have some spare parts too.

Most of the problems are just the rod bearings slinging the oil off into the crankcase… They get loud when theyre dry.

3 Likes

What are you using for cooling the output on yours? Im thinking about scooping the 150 with ice tech

3 Likes

Iced tech. We are quite happy with it. Although we have the same compressor, we do actually have an older heat exchanger than the current models come with. From what I understand, it’s not quite efficient as the new one, but it still works quite well for us.

1 Like

The older one as in the small little tube n shell? Or the crazy cube deal with like 4 of those plumbed together? I also see they use the large single one. Or the plate setup. As you know they are usually pretty inconsistent with what they release. Changing constantly

What heat exchanger design is it?

Gc5000 hands down. I have two used ones for sale. Possibly two more after the election.

1 Like

Blackmer pumps use lube. Use the MVP or get a corken

1 Like

Lube? No. Crankcase oil? Yes same as corken. Mvp is a joke compared to either when you max out rpm

All 3 are a joke compared to properly sized passive.

1 Like

If you have to go active the mvp only works well during the middle of the run and if it has tons of vapor pressure. If your gonna use all that energy to generate vapor might as well go passive. Now im in a situation where I can’t go passive due until a new setup is approved by local building and safety, and using Haskells which suck too. If I had to choose a pump I would go. with a corken.

2 Likes

I have run an MVP 150 for over a year now and I have to say it’s a good pump, but it has limitations during recovery. It always seems stall out in the last portion of rec mode. If you do go to route of the MVP make sure that you have plenty of heat exchangers, plates or coils to help keep up with the pump. It’s not good to use for vacuuming down the system despite the fact that it lists that it can pull vac on paper. *pro tip for the MVP… Get 2 extra pressure gauges for your intake and your output so that you can dial your Co2 gauge in the perfect sweet spot. Helps you get your positive displacement dialed in.

1 Like